Small Action to Spread Kindness
“We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
Here comes a great chance for you to unleash your creativity and spread your kindness during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please share your ideas (no more than 50 words, in either Chinese or English) on how to help others during this difficult time though mySurvey .
A small gift (HK$20 7-11 e-coupon) will be given to the best 62 entries. For details, please refer to our terms and conditions.
“A random act of kindness, no matter how small, can make a tremendous impact on someone else's life.” – Roy T. Bennett
Please submit your entry on or before 26 June 2020.
Terms and Conditions 條款及細則
1. Small Action to Spread Kindness (the Activity) is hosted by the Service-Learning and Leadership Office (hereafter “Organizer”) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). The Activity will be held from 22 - 26 June 2020 (GMT +8). The Organizer’s server is the official time keep device for this activity.
「Small Action to Spread Kindness」(下稱「本活動」)由香港理工大學(下稱「理大」) 服務學習及領導才能發展處 (下稱 「主辦單位」)主辦，由 2020 年 6月 22 日至26日(香港時間)舉行。活動時間以主辦單位網絡系統 (香港時區UTC ＋08:00)為準。
2. By participating in the Activity, participants will be deemed to agree to the following terms and conditions set by the Organizers.
3. The Activity is open to current PolyU students only.
4. Participants are required to submit ideas (no more than 50 words, either in Chinese or English) with the theme of “Caring in the Time of the Covid-19 Pandemic”. Failing which, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a participant at any stage of the Activity and will not be held liable for the submissions received.
5. Participants are required to submit the paragraph via [mySurvey Link] .
參加者必須於 [mySurvey Link] 提交文字作品。
6. Each participant can only submit once, and it must be the original work of the participant. In the case of multiple submissions by the same participant, only the first submission will be considered.
7. The Organizer accepts no responsibility for any data submission delay, loss, error, non-recognizance, etc. situations due to computer, network and other technical issues. The proof of dispatch cannot be accepted as proof of delivery or successful transmission of the work.
8. By joining the Activity, the participants agree to accept that the Organizer has the right to display or publish selected ideas from the Activity for the following purposes: (i) printed publication; (ii) online publication; and (iii) promotion of the Organizer in any other media.
參賽者一經參與本活動，即表示同意主辦單位有權將其作品用於以下媒體或媒介：(i)印刷刊物 (ii)網上刊物及 (iii) 主辦單位於其他媒體的宣傳活動。
9. The criteria adopted in determining the best submissions will be the inspiration, feasibility and originality of the submissions.
10. Sixty-two best submissions will be shortlisted by the Organizer. As a sign of encouragement, the winners will be awarded with a HK$20 e-coupon which can be used at any 7-Eleven Hong Kong and Macau.
11. All prizes given out by the Organizer are non-transferable and prizes may not be exchanged for other service(s).
12. The winners will be notified individually via PolyU Connect email. Those who have not received any notification (during such period, may need to state the period) will be deemed as unsuccessful.
13. If any information provided by the participants is wrong or unclear, the Organizer reserves the rights to cancel the prize entitlement.
14. Decision made by the Organizer shall be final. Any objection of the participants will not be considered. In case of any dispute, the Organizer reserves the final decision.
15. All personal data of the participants will be destroyed properly within 3 months after the end date of the Activity.
16. In case of any inconsistencies between the English version and Chinese version of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall prevail.