BEng & MEng (Tsinghua); PhD (Manchester)
Dr. Tang is specialized in various areas of fluid mechanics, especially in active flow control and fluid-structure interaction, with both fundamental investigations and real-world applications. He has published 5 book chapters and 100+ refereed papers including 80+ papers in top-tier journals. He has served on the editorial boards for Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology (Frontiers), Journal of Hydrodynamics (Springer), and Actuators (MDPI). He has also been serving as Secretary of Hong Kong Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (HKSTAM) since 2021.
Various PhD/RA openings are available. If interested, please contact Dr Tang for more information.
- Bi, X., Tang, H., and Zhu, Q., 2022, Valve-mediated flow control in salp-like locomotion, Physics of Fluids, 34: 051913 (Featured Article; AIP Scilight)
- Wang, C., Tang, H., and Zhang, X., 2022, Fluid-structure interaction of bio-inspired flexible slender structures: A review of selected topics, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 17: 041002
- Gao, L., Liu, Y., Tang, H., and Deng, W., 2022, Response of ~100 micron water jets to intense nanosecond laser blasts, Physical Review Fluids, 7: 034001
- Wang, Z., Wang, C., Zhao, F., Qi, N., Lockington, D., Ramaesh, K., Stewart, P.S., Luo, X., and Tang, H., 2022, Simulation of fluid-structure interaction during the phaco-emulsification stage of cataract surgery, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 214: 106931
- Ren, F., Wang, C., and Tang, H., 2021, Bluff body uses deep-reinforcement-learning trained active flow control to achieve hydrodynamic stealth, Physics of Fluids, 33: 093602
- Ren, F., Rabault, J., and Tang, H., 2021, Applying deep reinforcement learning to active flow control in weakly turbulent conditions, Physics of Fluids, 33: 037121
- Zhao, F.W., Mumtaz Qadri, M.N., Wang, Z.K., and Tang, H., 2021, Flow-energy harvesting using a fully passive flapping foil: A guideline on design and operation, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 197: 106323
- Ren, F., Hu, H., and Tang, H., 2020, Active flow control using machine learning: A brief review, Journal of Hydrodynamics, 32: 247-253
- Mumtaz Qadri, M.N., Zhao, F.W., and Tang, H., 2020, Fluid-structure interaction of a fully passive flapping foil for flow energy extraction, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 177: 105587
- Wang, C., Ren, F., and Tang, H., 2019, Enhancing propulsion performance of a flexible heaving foil through dynamically adjusting its flexibility, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 14: 064002
- Ren, F., Wang, C., and Tang, H., 2019, Active control of vortex-induced vibration of a circular cylinder using machine learning, Physics of Fluids, 31: 093601
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2019, On the aeroelastic energy transfer from a Lamb dipole to a flexible cantilever, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 86: 170-184
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2019, Influence of complex driving motion on propulsion performance of a heaving flexible foil, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 14: 016011
- Wang, L., Tang, H., and Wu, Y., 2018, On a submerged wave energy converter with snap-through power take-off, Applied Ocean Research, 80: 24-36
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2018, Enhancement of aerodynamic performance of a heaving airfoil using synthetic-jet based active flow control, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 13: 046005.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2017, Lock-on of vortex shedding to a pair of synthetic jets with phase difference, Physical Review Fluids, 2: 104701.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2017, Control of vortex-induced vibration using a pair of synthetic jets: Influence of active lock-on, Physics of Fluids, 29: 083602.
For the full list of publications, please check Dr Tang’s Google Scholar page