Area of Specialization
Aerodynamics; Hydrodynamics; Active flow control; Fluid-structure Interaction; Multiphase flow
Dr. Tang is a scholar specialized in various areas of fluid mechanics, especially in active flow control and fluid-structure interaction, with both fundamental investigations and real-world applications. He joined PolyU in 2014 and is now Director of Research Center for Fluid-Structure Interactions. Dr. Tang received his PhD degree from University of Manchester in 2007. After graduation, he worked as Postdoctoral Research Fellow at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and then worked as Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University. Dr. Tang has published 5 book chapters and 90+ refereed papers including 60+ papers in top-tier journals. He is/has been member of scientific or organizing committees for various international conferences/symposiums. He is now serving as an Executing Committee Member of Hong Kong Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (HKSTAM) (2016-present).
Various PhD/RA openings are available. If interested, please contact Dr Tang for more information.
- Ren, F., Wang, C., and Tang, H., 2019, Active control of vortex-induced vibration of a circular cylinder using machine learning, Physics of Fluids, 31: 093601
- Ahmad, S., Tang, H., and Yao, H.M., 2019, Shedding of a condensing droplet from beetle-inspired bumps, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 141: 1087-1096
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2019, On the aeroelastic energy transfer from a Lamb dipole to a flexible cantilever, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 86: 170-184
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2019, Influence of complex driving motion on propulsion performance of a heaving flexible foil, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 14: 016011
- Kefayati, GH.R., Tang, H., and Chan, A., 2018, Immersed boundary-finite difference lattice Boltzmann model through fluid-structure interaction for viscoplastic fluids, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 83: 238-258
- Wang, L., Tang, H., and Wu, Y., 2018, On a submerged wave energy converter with snap-through power take-off, Applied Ocean Research, 80: 24-36
- Wang, C. and Tang, H., 2018, Enhancement of aerodynamic performance of a heaving airfoil using synthetic-jet based active flow control, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 13: 046005.
- Ahmad, S., Tang, H. and Yao, H.M., 2018, Oblique impact of two successive droplets on a flat surface, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 119: 433-445.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2017, Lock-on of vortex shedding to a pair of synthetic jets with phase difference, Physical Review Fluids, 2: 104701.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2017, Control of vortex-induced vibration using a pair of synthetic jets: Influence of active lock-on, Physics of Fluids, 29: 083602.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Yu, S.C.M. and Duan, F., 2016, Active control of vortex-induced vibrations of a circular cylinder using windward-suction-leeward-blowing actuation, Physics of Fluids, 28: 053601.
- Wen, X., Tang, H. and Duan, F., 2016, Interaction of in-line twin synthetic jets with a separated flow, Physics of Fluids, 28: 043602.
- Zheng, Y., Wu, Y. and Tang, H., 2016, A time-resolved PIV study on the force dynamics of flexible tandem wings in hovering flight, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 62: 65-85.
- Wang, C., Tang, H., Duan, F. and Yu, S.C.M., 2016, Control of wakes and vortex-induced vibrations of a single circular cylinder using synthetic jets, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 60: 160-179.
- Wen, X., Tang, H. and Duan, F., 2015, Vortex dynamics of in-line twin synthetic jets in a laminar boundary layer, Physics of Fluids, 27: 083601.
- Zheng, Y., Wu, Y. and Tang, H., 2015, Force measurements of flexible tandem wings in hovering and forward flights, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics, 10: 016021.
- Wang, L., Tang, H. and Wu, Y., 2015, Simulation of wave-body interaction: A desingularized method coupled with acceleration potential, Journal of Fluids and Structures, 52: 37-48.
- Tang, H., Salunkhe, P., Zheng, Y., Du, J. and Wu, Y., 2014, On the use of synthetic jet actuator arrays for active flow separation control, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 57: 1-10.
For the full list of publications, please check Dr Tang’s Google Scholar page