The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region has set up the Maritime Scholarship for the Department of Logistics and Maritime Studies (LMS) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) for the academic year 2020/21 to support two students admitted to the Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) in International Shipping and Transport Logistics (BBA-ISTL) programme.
“Maritime Scholarship” aims to recognise and attract outstanding HKDSE admittees, and to encourage them to develop their career in the maritime industry.
Value of Each Scholarship
Full tuition fee (HK$42,100 x 4 years = HK$168,400) of the programme
- Good academic performance in HKDSE with an aggregate HKDSE score of at least 22 for the Best 5 subjects
- Current year Secondary Six students who meet the University’s general entrance requirements for admission to BBA-ISTL programme
*The Extended Mathematics modules will also be taken into account for scholarship consideration; for the purpose of calculating the admission scores, HKDSE level attainments will be converted to level points where Level 5**=8.5, 5*=7, 5=5.5, 4=4, 3=3, 2=2, 1=1 and Unclassified=0.
- Academic merit
- Commitment to serving in the maritime industry in Hong Kong
- Interview performance (if any)
Conditions of Award
Each recipient of the Scholarship shall:
- Maintain a full-time registered student status and be free of disciplinary record(s) during his/her studies in LMS of PolyU
- Maintain good performance during his/her studies in the BBA-ISTL programme with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the end of each academic year
- Complete the BBA-ISTL programme with passes in any 3 of the nautical or maritime service studies elective subjects of the BBA-ISTL programme
- Within 3 months after confirmation of eligibility of graduation, work full time in the maritime industry* in Hong Kong for a period of not less than 12 consecutive calendar months
- Provide genuine contact details (including telephone number, personal email address and residential address) to enable PolyU to get in touch within at least three years following graduation.
- Provide employment proof for ascertaining his/her compliance with the requirements of the Scholarship.
- Attend any related function/ceremony hosted by PolyU/Government (if any) and be invited to join other activities/programmes organised by PolyU/Government.
*The Government has the right to determine, after consulting PolyU, whether the trade of employment and job nature meets the requirements and whether the employment provides full-time and continuous service. Such determination shall, in the absence of manifest error, be final and conclusive.
Each recipient is required to sign an undertaking to the effect of conditions above, which shall form a contractual relationship with the Government. In case the recipient fails to fulfil any of the above conditions, he/she is required to refund in full the value of the Scholarship received to the Government.
Interested students, please complete the following documents
and return to LMS General Office (M628, Li Ka Shing Tower, PolyU) in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 October 2020 (Friday).
- The awardee might be allowed to concurrently hold more than one scholarship administered by the University in an academic year subject to the University’s Guideline Governing the Concurrent Holding of Scholarships.
- PolyU/LMS reserves the right to change the terms or withdraw the Scholarship. In case of any dispute/disagreement, the decision of PolyU/LMS is final.
Tel: (852) 2766 4607