H. Y. Chen received the M.S. degree in precision machinery engineering from The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, and the Ph.D. degree from the Department of Manufacturing Engineering and Engineering Management, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
Teaching and Research Specialties
Teaching specialties: machine vision, computer vision, 3D vision and image understanding, robotics, automation, metrology, mechatronics, control theory, mechanism and machine theory, assembly automation, design for manufacture, auto fundametals, automotive engine theory and design, automotive design, automobile engineering theory, automotive design.
Research specialties: robotics, machine vision, robot vision, robot sensing and navigation, visual tracking, mechatronics and automation, 3D tracking and visual surveillance, dynamic view planning, distributed mobile robot system, robot navigation, camera calibration and video surveillance
Honours and Awards
- Best Paper Award, 2010 International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications (ICIRA 2010)
- Award for High SFQ Score, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2009, 2010)
- Outstanding Academic Performance Award and Research Tuition Scholarship, City University of Hong Kong (2005, 2006)
- H. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, Enhanced particles with pseudo likelihoods for 3d tracking, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 56, No. 8, pp. 2992-2997, Aug. 2009 (invited paper).
- H. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, Dynamic view planning by effective particles for 3d tracking, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (Part B), Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 242-253, Feb. 2009.
- H. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, Data fusion for 3-dimensional tracking using particle techniques, Optical Engineering, Vol. 47, No. 1, pp. 030801-1-9, Jan. 2008.
- Huiying Chen, Kohsei Matsumoto, Jun Ota and Tamio Arai, Self-calibration of environmental camera for mobile robot navigation, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 55, pp. 177-190, 2007.
- H. Y. Chen and Y. F. Li, Enhanced 3D tracking using nonsingular constraints, Optical Engineering, Vol. 45, No. 10, pp. 107202-1-12, Oct. 2006