Master of Science in Global Food Safety Management and Risk Analysis
Entrance Year Sept 2024
Programme Code 15057
Stream Code MFT (Full-time)
Mode of Study Mixed Mode
Normal Duration 1 year
Fund Type Self-Financed
Credits Required for Graduation 30
Initial Registration Credits
6 for local students
12 for non-local students
HK$5,900 per credit for local and non-local students
Prof. Ka-Hing Wong
BSc, MPhil, PhD
RemarksOnly the full-time option will be offered for admission in 2024/25.
Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Aims and Characteristics
- To provide unique, professionally oriented training in global food safety management and risk analysis for science/technology graduates who want to develop their expertise in food safety.
- To provide students with advanced knowledge of the major and emerging hazards affecting food safety from a global perspective.
Upon completion of this programme, students should be able to do the following:
- Understand international food standards, laws and regulations and critically evaluate food safety policies as well as legal and sector-specific frameworks for food safety management at local, national and international levels.
- Use their knowledge of risk analysis to critically evaluate the risk posed by major food hazards and address food safety issues worldwide.
- Demonstrate competence in developing risk-based food safety management strategies and implementing food safety management systems (e.g. ISO22000).
- Demonstrate competence in critical analysis, information technology and communication.
- Work effectively as individuals and in multi-disciplinary groups with a commitment to lifelong learning to enhance their professional development.