JIAO Zengbao 焦增寶 (Dr)
Area of Specialization: Advanced structural materials; High-strength steels & alloys; High-temperature superalloys; Nanostructured metals & alloys; Innovative material processing
- Personal Website
His research interests focus on the development of advanced structural materials, including ultra-high strength steels, high-entropy alloys, high-temperature superalloys, and nanostructured metals & alloys. His group is utilizing their expertise in computational modelling and design, innovative processing, and mechanical and microstructural characterization to develop new materials for a wide range of technological applications, including aerospace, automotive, marine, construction, and energy industries.
- T. Yang, Y.L. Zhao, W.P. Li, C.Y. Yu, J.H. Luan, D.Y. Lin, L. Fan, Z.B. Jiao, W.H. Liu, X.J. Liu, J.J. Kai, J.C. Huang, C.T. Liu, Ultrahigh-strength and ductile superlattice alloys with nanoscale disordered interfaces, Science 369, 427, 2020.
- T. Yang, Y.L. Zhao, Y. Tong, Z.B. Jiao, J. Wei, J.X. Cai, X.D. Han, D. Chen, A. Hu, J.J. Kai, K. Lu, Y. Liu, C.T. Liu, Multicomponent intermetallic nanoparticles and superb mechanical behaviors of complex alloys, Science 362, 933, 2018.
- L. Fan, T. Yang, Y.L. Zhao, J.H. Luan, G. Zhou, H. Wang, Z.B. Jiao*, C.T. Liu*, Ultrahigh strength and ductility in newly developed materials with coherent nano-lamellar architectures, Nature Communications 11, 6240, 2020.
- Z.B. Jiao, J.H. Luan, M.K. Miller, Y. W. Chung, C.T. Liu, Co-precipitation of nanoscale particles in steels with ultra-high strength for a new era, Materials Today, 20, 142, 2017.
- Z. Jia, Q. Wang, L. Sun, Q. Wang, L.C. Zhang, G. Wu, J.H. Luan, Z.B. Jiao, A. Wang, S.X. Liang, M. Gu, J. Lu, Attractive in situ self‐reconstructed hierarchical gradient structure of metallic glass for high efficiency and remarkable stability in catalytic performance, Advanced Functional Materials 1807857, 1-9, 2019.
- B.C. Zhou, T. Yang, G. Zhou, H. Wang, J.H. Luan, Z.B. Jiao*, Mechanisms for suppressing discontinuous precipitation and improving mechanical properties of NiAl-strengthened steels through nanoscale Cu partitioning, Acta Materialia 205,116561, 2021.
- M.C. Niu, L.C. Yin, K. Yang, J.H. Luan, W. Wang*, Z.B. Jiao*, Synergistic alloying effects on nanoscale precipitation and mechanical properties of ultrahigh-strength steels strengthened by Ni3Ti, Mo-enriched, and Cr-rich co-precipitates, Acta Materialia 209, 116788, 2021.
- M. Yang, D.J.M. King, I. Postugar, Y. Wen, J.H. Luan, B. Kuhn, Z.B. Jiao, C.P. Wang, M.R. Wenman, X.J. Liu, Precipitation behavior in G-phase strengthened ferritic stainless steels, Acta Materialia 205, 116542, 2021.
- Y.L. Zhao, T. Yang, Y.R. Li, L. Fan, B. Han, Z.B. Jiao, D. Chen, C.T. Liu, J.J. Kai, Superior high-temperature properties and deformation-induced planar faults in a novel L12-strengthened high-entropy alloy, Acta Materialia 188, 517, 2020.
- W.W. Zhu, C.C. Zhao, Y.W. Zhang, C.T. Kwok, J.H. Luan, Z.B. Jiao, F.Z. Ren, Achieving exceptional wear resistance in a compositionally complex alloy via tuning the interfacial structure and chemistry, Acta Materialia 188, 697, 2020.
- T. Yang, Y.L. Zhao, L. Fan, J. Wei, J.H. Luan, W.H. Liu, C. Wang, Z.B. Jiao, J.J. Kai, C.T. Liu, Control of nanoscale precipitation and elimination of intermediate-temperature embrittlement in multicomponent high-entropy alloys, Acta Materialia 189, 47, 2020.
- H.J. Kong, C. Xu, C.C. Bu, C. Da, J.H. Luan, Z.B. Jiao, G. Chen, C.T. Liu, Hardening mechanisms and impact toughening of a high-strength steel containing low Ni and Cu additions, Acta Materialia 172, 150, 2019.
- Z.B. Jiao, C.A. Schuh, Nanocrystalline Ag-W alloys lose stability upon solute desegregation from grain boundaries, Acta Materialia 161, 194, 2018.
- Y.L. Zhao, T. Yang, Y. Tong, J. Wang, J.H. Luan, Z.B. Jiao, D. Chen, Y. Yang, A. Hu, C.T. Liu, J.J. Kai, Heterogeneous precipitation behavior and stacking-fault-mediated deformation in a CoCrNi-based medium-entropy alloy, Acta Materialia 138, 72, 2017.
- Z.B. Jiao, J.H. Luan, W. Guo, J. D. Poplawsky, C.T. Liu, Effects of welding and post-weld heat treatments on nanoscale precipitation and mechanical properties of an ultra-high strength steel hardened by nanoscale NiAl and Cu particles, Acta Materialia 120, 216, 2016.
- Z.B. Jiao, J.H. Luan, M.K. Miller, C.Y. Yu, Y. Liu, C.T. Liu, Precipitate transformation from NiAl-type to Ni2AlMn-type and its influence on the mechanical properties of high-strength steels, Acta Materialia 110, 31, 2016.
- Z.B. Jiao, J.H. Luan, M.K. Miller, C.T. Liu, Precipitation mechanism and mechanical properties of an ultra-high strength steel hardened by nanoscale NiAl and Cu particles, Acta Materialia 97, 58, 2015.
- Z.B. Jiao, J.H. Luan, M.K. Miller, C.Y. Yu, C.T. Liu, Effects of Mn partitioning on nanoscale precipitation and mechanical properties of ferritic steels strengthened by NiAl nanoparticles, Acta Materialia 84, 283, 2015.
- Z.B. Jiao, J.H. Luan, Z.W. Zhang, M.K. Miller, W.B. Ma, C.T. Liu, Synergistic effects of Cu and Ni on nanoscale precipitation and mechanical properties of high-strength steels, Acta Materialia 61, 5996, 2013.
- Z.Y. Ding, B.X. Cao, J.H. Luan, Z.B. Jiao*, Synergistic effects of Al and Ti on the oxidation behaviour and mechanical properties of L12-strengthened FeCoCrNi high-entropy alloys, Corrosion Science 184, 109365, 2021.