Special Talents Admission and Recognition Scheme (STARS)「德藝計劃」
We nurture future-ready young talents with diverse strengths
Outstanding applicants in the areas of Sports, Arts and Culture, Leadership and Community Services, and STEM are exceptionally considered for admissions to PolyU.
PolyU offers favourable consideration to outstanding students for admission to PolyU via STARS. Eligible applicants will be invited to attend a selection interview and considered automatically for the entry scholarships.
To facilitate the holistic development and pursuit of academic excellence, a newly established STARS Residential College provides students with a vibrant living and learning environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sports, Arts and Culture, and STEM
- Scale/ Significance of the competitions taken part in
- Prizes/ Certificates/ Awards/ Honours/ Rankings attained in the competitions
- Level of the recognized examinations/ qualifications obtained, if any
- Significance of the participated events/ performances/ exhibitions, if any
- Extra credits may be given to the continuous involvement in the competitions/ performances/ exhibitions, or commendations/ recommendations from external bodies
Leadership and Community Services
- Self-initiative and continuous commitment to service
- Impact, originality and rigour of services provided
- Diversity and scope of service beneficiaries
- Demonstrated leadership and involvement of others
- External recognition and commendations
- Extra credits may be given in outstanding cases or recommendations from external bodies
*** Applicants, whose special talent matches the scheme applied or will make important contribution to the University, will also be given favourable consideration.
Examples of Achievements
Arts and Culture
Leadership and Community Services
Successful applicants might be given direct admission, conditional offer, or bonus score, etc.
JUPAS applicants could list out a maximum of 10 other experiences and achievements in competitions/ activities in JUPAS system, while non-JUPAS, international and mainland applicants could enter at most 3 outstanding achievements / experience in in eAdmission.
PolyU reserves the right of not processing STARS applications in case that official supporting documents on the achievements in competitions/ activities cannot be provided. Any offers made under favourable admission conditions will be retracted.
In general, applications will be assessed according to the level of competitions / activities and the attainment.
Submission of supporting documents is compulsory. The requirements of the supporting documents are as follow:
1. official proof (e.g. certificate / letter issued by organiser concerned / school; medal / trophy with applicant's name; online results with valid hyperlink to the official website of the competition / activity / organiser concerned) of the applicants' participation in the competitions or activities concerned, and each must contain the following information:
- Applicant's information (If applicant's name is not printed on the official proof, additional supporting documents issued by the organiser concerned or school must be provided to certify the applicant's participation);
- Award / activity official name;
- Year of participation;
- Award type (if any); and
- Translation in English or Chinese if the official proof is in a language other than English or Chinese.
2. in PDF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format and the maximum file size for each entry is 5MB (please note that the total file size for the whole application is 15MB).
Please check the details of individual schemes/ sub-schemes via this website. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be notified by email. You are therefore strongly advised to check your registered email account regularly.
Tell us about your enquiry on Special Talents Admission and Recognition Scheme and studying at PolyU