Entrance Year Sept 2024
Programme Code 12062
Mode of Study Mixed Mode
Fund Type Self-Financed
Credits Required for Graduation 30
Initial Registration Credits
6 for local students
12 for non-local students
Tuition Fees HK$6,700 per credit for local and non-local students * (subject to approval)
Dr Wong Tsun-ting , Clarence
RemarksThis programme is subject to approval.
Early applications are strongly encouraged.
Aims and Characteristics
The biopharmaceutical industry is at the forefront of medical innovation, offering transformative therapies that address unmet medical needs. As this sector continues its rapid evolution, there's a pressing demand for professionals adept in the complexities of biopharmaceutical development and commercialization. This program aims to bridge the current educational gap, providing a comprehensive curriculum that merges scientific, business, regulatory, and ethical aspects of the biopharmaceutical landscape.
Specifically, the programme aims:
- To provide a deep understanding of biopharmaceutical science through coursework and internships.
- To teach the lifecycle of biopharmaceutical products, from R&D to commercialization.
- To develop critical thinking skills to innovate within the biopharmaceutical sector.
- To foster a holistic perspective, integrating science, regulation, business, and ethics.
- To prepare graduates for diverse roles in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students should have:
- Scientific Proficiency: Students will gain a deep understanding of the science behind biologics and state-of-the-art therapies, such as protein engineering and cell and gene therapies.
- Commercial Insight: Students will learn about the business side of biopharmaceuticals, such as patenting, pricing, and market entry.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Students will master the regulatory aspects of biopharmaceuticals, such as intellectual property strategy, clinical trials, drug approvals, and ethics.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Students will develop their collaborative skills and learn to work with teams from different disciplines in biopharmaceutical projects.