What is URIS?
URIS is a prestigious programme aimed to strengthen academic curiosity and enquiry-based learning among undergraduate students. It is our University's objective to nurture the next generation of researchers and innovators. Under URIS, undergraduate students will be given the opportunities to undertake small-scale research projects under the guidance and supervision of academic staff who are strong in research. Students enrolled on URIS will be automatically admitted to the virtual College of Undergraduate Researchers and Innovators (CURI) and they will have priority admission to the new Residential College with an enhanced guidance system to help promote holistic student development.
Why undergraduate research?
The following students are eligible to apply:
- Full-time undergraduate students admitted to 4-year curriculum (including students with advanced standing) who have completed at least two semesters of studies by the end of 2020/21 Semester 2; OR
- Senior Year Intakes who have completed one semester of studies in 2020/21 Semester 2; AND
Attained a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 (up to 2020/21 Semester 2).
Please note that each eligible student is allowed to participate in one project only. Applicants should submit all supervisor-approved application materials to the General Office of the Department of the proposed supervisor on or before 30 April 2021*. Further enquiries regarding the application process can be directed at email@example.com
|Fillable PDF format|
|Research Proposal Form|
- Submit their intention to apply to URIS at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 April 2021. Students should provide the name and student number of each of the group members and the department of the proposed Chief Supervisor; AND
- Submit the completed and endorsed application documents to the General Office of the proposed Chief Supervisor’s department by 31 May 2021.
- Annual showcase of research projects
- Excellent Project Awards will be awarded to students/teams who have completed their projects with excellent outcomes
- "CURI Scholar" status may be recorded on transcript
Find out more ...
||Don't miss the deadline on
30 April 2021*.
*The deadline has been extended to 31 May 2021 and applications received after 30 April 2021 will be treated as special cases.