- Academic integrity (學術誠信) refers to the honest and ethical manner in which academic work is done, whether it is an assignment, an examination, an oral presentation, or a research project or report.
- PolyU views Plagiarism as a serious disciplinary offence.
- It is a fundamental value that all students at PolyU are expected to uphold.
- As part of the University’s continuous effort in maintaining a fair and honest learning environment at PolyU, an online tutorial has been developed to:
- raise your awareness of the University’s expectations for honest academic behaviour
- explain to you the importance of upholding academic integrity
- provide you with information about what might constitute academically dishonest behaviour and plagiarism
- explain ways for you to stay clear from academic misconduct and plagiarism
- All students taking the subject of Freshman Seminar are required to complete the online tutorial on Academic Integrity on Blackboard (PolyU1001). Furthermore, students who do not need to take the subject of Freshman Seminar, maybe required to complete the online tutorial on Academic Integrity on Blackboard (PolyU1001) too, subject to Department’s requirement.
- The Online Tutorial is accessible on LEARN@PolyU (理學網):
- Upon completion of the Online Tutorial on Academic Integrity, you will receive a copy of eCertificate via PolyU Connect email account.
For more information, you can access:
- Student Guide on Online Tutorial on Academic Integrity
- Booklet About Plagiarism and How to Avoid It: Hot Tips for PolyU Students
- Online Tutorial on Academic Integrity FAQs