• UDS is the software platform which allows students to remote access the computers of Industrial Centre.
• Therefore students can use various software like Powerlogic, Solidworks, regardless of the student’s own PC capability. All you need is a stable internet connection.
• Computer with a Mouse:
Get a computer with a traditional mouse (Left, right buttons and scrolling knob). This kind of mouse is necessary for many software like Solidworks, Powerlogic, etc. Special mouses like gaming mouse are not recommended.
• A Good & Stable Network:
Please make sure your computer is connected to a good and stable network. If possible, use LAN connection.
• Close all unused software
Step 1 - Enter the link in CHROME browser : https://puuds.polyu.edu.hk/uds/page/login
Note: if you connect overseas, please install VPN and setup VPN connection before access to UDS.
Step 2 - The following login page will be shown. Please enter your mail account
Step 3 -After successful login, please select the right room for the computer access.
Do NOT select “Instructor”.
Step 4 -After selecting the room, your browser will show the desktop of the remote PC.
Now you can use the PC remotely!
• Save your work regularly in P drive
Please use your own network drive P: to save your work by clicking this shortcut. Then enter your ID number and net-password. Do NOT use local drive. Otherwise, you may lose your work!
• Always Sign Out after use
Always “Sign out” in Windows toolbar before you leave by clicking the account icon. DO NOT SHUT DOWN!
• If you cannot connect to the computer room……
Please give your ID to instructor to fix for you.
• Open the login page at https://puuds.polyu.edu.hk/uds/page/login by Chrome browser.
• If you are connected overseas, please enable VPN first.
• Login by using your PolyU email address in form of
• Ensure a good and stable internet connection.
• Run at MS-Windows 10 or MacOS computer with a traditional mouse.
• Close all unused software in your PC.
• Save your work regularly in P drive.
• Sign out after use.
In case you have problems with your work, don’t be panic. Instructor can assist you by remote controlling your UDS PC via “Quick Assist” of Windows:
Step 1 - Raise your need in TEAMS chat and instructor will start to use Quick Assist to access your UDS PC.
Step 2 - Then your UDS PC will appear this box and please click "Allow".
Step 3 - After that, you need to enter a code provided by instructor, which will be sent via TEAMS chat. Then invoke “Share Screen”.
Step 4 - The instructor can then remote control your UDS PC
(852) 2766 7635