IAEE launched the Tanzania Leadership Programme for 100 young Tanzanian professionals in 2019 as part of PolyU’s ongoing effort to support the HKSAR Government’s drive to develop Hong Kong as a facilitator and promoter of the Belt and Road Initiative. The programme will run in a series, each catering for a cohort of 30 talented young Tanzanians. IAEE is also planning to extend similar training to other Belt and Road countries.
The first cohort was completed in June 2019. The programme combines a series of lectures, field visits and networking functions to equip government officials and young professionals from the United Republic of Tanzania with the knowledge to become effective leaders to tackle challenges in their country.
IAEE customises the training content according to the participants’ background in each cohort. The first cohort provided the following lectures, field visits and networking sessions:
- Manufacturing - “Building a Modernised and Industrialised Green Tanzania”;
- Sustainability - “Building a Vibrant and Sustainable City through Urban Planning”;
- IT - “Planning and Transforming IT Infrastructures to Facilitate International Trade in the Digital Era”;
- Tourism - “Hong Kong's Tourism Infrastructure and Promotion Strategies”
- Public Health – “Establishing, Accessing and Assuring Quality Public Health System”.
Field visits and networking
- Textile up-cycling factures and The Mills
- City Gallery
- PolyU House of Innovation and Innohub
- The Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- LSH Catering HK Limited
- Huawei Shenzhen base
- Networking sessions with a wide range of business leaders, professionals and mainland Chinese government officials
Please click here for the detailed programme schedule.
Institute of Advanced Executive Education, PolyU
- 3400 2773