It is noted that some RPg students need to be formally identified when participating in research/academic activities during their studies (e.g. when participating in research projects, conference presentations, seminars/workshops, or University’s events). University name cards can thus facilitate the exchange of contact information for building up academic or professional networks on or off campus.
The following guidelines are developed to facilitate the provision of name cards for current RPg students:
- Application for printing of PolyU’s name cards has to be endorsed by the RPg students’ Chief Supervisors and approved by the HoD/DoS.
- The RPg students are required to identify the nature of the activities which requires identification and undertake to use the name cards appropriately.
- The name cards will include the following information:
- the RPg student’s name;
- the RPg student’s capacity (i.e., MPhil/PhD/Joint PhD student);
- the title (e.g. Research Assistant);
- Name of Faculty/School;
- Name of Department; and
- Contact information (i.e. tel. no., fax. no., email address)
- RPg students using PolyU’s name cards should be fully aware that they are representing PolyU and should behave in an appropriate manner.
An RPg student may apply for printing of PolyU’s name cards by sending a completed application form which is available at https://www2.polyu.edu.hk/Script/staff/cpa/documents/words/PhD_MPhil_Students_Name%20Card_Application_20170713.docx together with supporting documents to his/her Chief Supervisor. Upon HoD/DoS’s approval, the request should be forwarded to the printing company by the Department/School for order processing. The student concerned will be notified for collection when the name cards are ready. The printing expenses will be borne by the Department/School.
RPg students can obtain more details of the Brand Communication Guidelines at https://www2.polyu.edu.hk/Script/staff/cpa/Brand_Communication_Guidelines.