Department of Aeronautical and Aviation Engineering (AAE), formerly Interdisciplinary Division of Aeronautical and Aviation Engineering, was established under the Faculty of Engineering in 2016. Over the past years, the department has been rapidly and steadily developing its research and education on a full scale. Besides 2 Bachelor programme and Postgraduate Research programmes, AAE will launch our Taught Postgraduate MSc programme in the 2022-23 academic year. We are dedicated to training future leaders, with creativity, broad vision and professional ethics, for industry, academia and communities. The AAE Outstanding Alumni Award will be launched to recognize the outstanding achievements of our alumni who have made remarkable contributions to the society, to the University, and to the developments of aeronautical engineering and aviation operations and management.
Frequency of the Award
Every 5 years
Eligibility Candidates and Proposers
- The candidate must be a bona fide graduate who had completed regular full-time or part-time programmes offered by the Department of Aeronautical and Aviation Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, which lead to an academic award accredited.
- The proposers can be AAE graduates, AAE academic staff and current Departmental Advisory Committee members.
- Call for nomination starts from 2 August 2021
- Nomination deadline: 31 October 2021
- Each nomination must be submitted by a proposer.
- The proposer should have obtained nominees’ consent before the submission of nominations. There is no limit to the number of nominations to be submitted by each proposer. Proposer can also be nominated. However, the proposer cannot nominate himself/herself.
1. Each nomination must include:
- a nomination form;
- a current curriculum vitae of the nominee; and
- two written references including contact details.
2. To submit the completed nomination form together with supporting documents to the Department of Aeronautical and Aviation Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University on or before the nomination deadline.
Award Categories and Selection Criteria
There will be two award categories:
- Nominees below/equal to the age of 40 for Young Alumni
- Nominees over the age of 40
The four categories will be assessed separately with considerations of the following criteria:
||This category recognises alumni who have attained distinguished achievements, demonstrated exemplary leadership and made a strong impact on their profession/industry.
||This category recognises alumni who have demonstrated outstanding innovation and entrepreneurship, founded and advanced business or technology ventures with social impact.
||This category recognises alumni scholars who have made notable scholarly or research contributions in their disciplines, with proven track record and excellent reputation in the field.
|Community Service Achievement
||This category recognises alumni who have made impactful contributions to the communities, or demonstrated an extraordinary level of commitment, volunteerism and/or philanthropy for promoting the wellbeing of the communities.
The number of award winners of each category will be decided by the Selection Panel based on the number of nominations and the qualities of candidates.
The result of the selection will be announced in December 2021.