Students wishing to apply to PolyU Student Exchange programme should consult their exchange co-ordinator at their home University in the first instance. Once you have been nominated by your University, we will send you an e-invitation with a link to our online application system by email.
To begin your application, simply follow the steps below and you will be able to submit your online application with ease and accuracy.
How to apply
- Choose your Host Department.
- Select your desired programme from your host department from the list of programmes available for student exchange.
- Choose your preliminary preferred subjects, which should make up a minimum of 50% of your enrolled subjects. Remember the availability of the subjects can only be confirmed shortly before the commencement of a semester. You will have to be flexible in your choice of subjects and be prepared to modify your selection after you have received the Admission Letter from the University.
- Complete your Application Form online.
- Attach all supporting documents electronically to your application. Once you have submitted your online application, you must send all the required original hard copies to us:
- Curriculum Vitae in English
- Copies of your recent official academic transcripts showing your academic achievement to date. All transcripts must be in English or accompanied by English translation and certified to be correct by your home university's international office or registrar office.
- Copy of passport with validity of 6 months after the completion of the exchange or a copy of Hong Kong I.D. Card (if you have the right of abode in Hong Kong).
- Proof of financial support should be an official copy of your most recent bank statement in English. Please note web printouts are acceptable for online banking, but must show clearly the bank's letterhead or logo, and bank stamp or bank signature. The statement must show HKD20,000 or more in your holding per semester. You will need to ensure the document is in English and contains:
- the name of the bank.
- the name of the account holder.
- a balance equivalent to the minimum amount required.
- if you are not the account holder, the account holder must write a financial guarantee letter with personal signature that you will be financially supported.
- Completed visa application form. For students attending semester exchange, please read 'Guidebook for Entry for Study in Hong Kong' and complete form ID995A. You may refer to the sample form for reference. For students attending clinical placements, please read 'Guidebook for Entry for Training in Hong Kong' and complete form ID992A. PolyU will follow up and process the visa application for you once we receive the form.
- 2 passport-sized photos for your visa application. Please note it should be a recent photo in colour and taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance on a white background. Your photo should be a close-up of your head and shoulders with you facing forward and looking straight at the camera (no larger than 55mm x 45mm and not smaller than 50mm x 40mm).
- Pay a non-refundable administrative fee of HKD550 covering the visa application and courier service charges. You can do this via a credit card or bank draft, please refer to the "Payment and Submit" section of the online application system.
- Make sure all the above documents are in order and send them in one package to:
International Affairs Office
M1601, Li Ka Shing Tower
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Re: Application for PolyU Student Exchange
Applicants with physical disabilities
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Applicants who fulfill the essential entry requirements and satisfy the specified physical demands of the selected programme will be considered for admission on the same academic grounds as other applicants. Reasonable use of assistive technology is welcomed where appropriate.
|Semester||Application Deadline||Exchange Period|
|Semester 1 (Fall Semester)||15 April||September - January|
|Semester 2 (Spring Semester)||15 October||January - May|
Your application will only be processed when ALL required documents are received by the application deadline. Late application will not be processed.
You will receive an Admission Letter from the International Affairs Office (IAO) by email in 4 -6 weeks after the application deadline.