Chair Professor of Research
Professor Qi Li-qun
B.S., M.S., Ph.D.
- B.S. (Computational Mathematics) Tsinghua University 1968
- M.S. (Computer Sciences) University of Wisconsin 1981
- Ph.D. (Computer Sciences) University of Wisconsin 1984
Optimization and Applications
- Generalized Newton Methods
- Nonlinear Programming
Computational Mathematics and Application
- Numerical Multi-linear Algebra
- Systems of Nonlinear Equations
Honor and Awards
- ISI Most Highly Cited Scientist
- The First Class Science and Technology Award of Chinese Operations Research Society in 2010
- The President's Awards for Excellent Performance/Achievement 2003/2004, based upon Research and Scholarly Activities, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Foreign Member of the Petrovskaya Academy of Science and Arts, Russia
- S. Hu, L. Qi and G. Zhang, Computing the geometric measure of entanglement of multipartite pure states by means of non-negative tensors, Phys. Rev. A 93 (2016) 012304.
- L. Qi, Hankel tensors: Associated Hankel matrices and Vandermonde decomposition, Commun. Math. Sci. 13 (2015) 113-125.
- L. Qi, C. Xu and Y. Xu, Nonnegative tensor factorization, completely positive tensors and a hierarchically elimination algorithm, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 35 (2014) 1227-1241.
- G. Ni, L. Qi and M. Bai, Geometric measure of entanglement and U-eigenvalues of tensors, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl 35 (2014) 73-87.
- L. Qi, G. Yu and Y. Xu, Nonnegative diffusion orientation distribution function, J. Math. Imaging Vision 45 (2013) 103-113.
- M. Ng, L. Qi and G. Zhou, Finding the largest eigenvalue of a non-negative tensor, SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 31 (2009) 1090-1099.
- L. Qi, Eigenvalues of a real supersymmetric tensor, J. Symb. Comput. 40 (2005) 1302-1324.
- L. Qi, D. Sun and G. Zhou, A new look at smoothing Newton methods for nonlinear complementarity problems and boxconstrained variational inequalities, Math. Prog. 87 (2000) 1-35.
- L. Qi and J. Sun, A nonsmooth version of Newton’s method, Math. Prog. 58 (1993) 353-368.
- L. Qi, Convergence analysis of some algorithms for solving nonsmooth equations, Math. Oper. Res. 18 (1993) 227-244.