Pre-requisite University Undergraduate-level Course
Should an applicant has not satisfactorily completed introductory human anatomy (3 credits) and human physiology (3 credits) courses during their undergraduate training, some introductory human anatomy and human physiology courses are also acceptable as equivalence provided that they carry 3 credits each. For examples:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & Human Anatomy and Physiology II (offered by Southern New Hampshire University)
- It is entirely applicants’ decision whether taking the above said anatomy/physiology courses or not. We declare no conflict of interest with the courses and institutes. The information is provided as useful resources to applicants for reference only.
- Human anatomy/physiology courses not up to Bachelor's degree level, or courses on animal anatomy/physiology, are not recognised as equivalent to these requirements.
- For those who have not fulfilled the human anatomy/physiology course requirements during application period, proof of enrolment of an acceptable anatomy/physiology course must be submitted together with the application. Should an applicant be admitted to the programme, it is his/her responsibility to present all documents as required including transcripts/certificates of the human anatomy/physiology courses during programme registration.
- Applicants with Hong Kong permanent resident status are eligible to join a Sponsorship Scheme funded by the Social Welfare Department (SWD) that can cover their full tuition fees.
- Applications for the sponsorship must be made through non-government organizations (NGOs) which are members of the scheme. After the applicants have been admitted to the programme, they will receive a list of NGOs from the SWD through the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences. They are required to approach any of the listed NGOs to apply for the sponsorship and undergo the interview process.
- Sponsorship is offered on the condition that the MPT graduate commits to serve as a physiotherapist at the sponsoring NGO for no less than 3 years.
*Applicants with Training Sponsorship funded by the Social Welfare Department are NOT eligible to apply for Extended Non-means-tested Loan Scheme (ENLS).