Service-Learning Scholarship Scheme 2.0 (2019/20)
The Service-Learning Scholarship Scheme was established in 2013 to recognise meritorious students displaying outstanding performance in service-learning (SL) subjects, and to encourage them to continue their involvement in community service. We are happy to announce that the Scheme has now entered its next phase, Service-Learning Scholarship Scheme 2.0. This new phase will offer an even better platform for students to develop their leadership and community engagement. The scheme is now open for applications.
60 SL scholarships valued at HK$8,000 each will be awarded.
You are eligible to apply for our Scholarship Scheme if you
· are a full-time UGC-funded PolyU student;
· are not in your final year of study (in 2018/19);
· have completed a credit-bearing SL subject with grade B+ or above in the academic year 2018/19;
· have a minimum cumulative GPA or latest Semester GPA of 2.5 or above;
· are willing to further develop your leadership and community engagement skills; and
· have no disciplinary record at PolyU.
Note: Applicants are permitted to concurrently hold other scholarships/receive other subsidies.
1. Please access the application website (https://www.polyu.edu.hk/
a. Complete the online application form.
b. Upload a copy of your student ID.
c. Upload your official transcript or a printout of your SL subject results from eStudent.
2. Please upload the following items (to https://www.polyu.edu.hk/osl/
a. A 3- to 5-minute video in English (in .mp4, .avi or .mov format) that details your action plan (based on your first preference) for the coming year (2019/20), if you are selected.
b. Service photos to demonstrate your SL experience. (Please note that you should obtain consent from service recipients/collaborating partners involved, to ensure the photos may be used in future publicity.) There is no restriction on the number of photos.
· 12 August 2019 (Monday) – Application closes
· 30 August 2019 (Friday) (date to be confirmed) – Group interview (shortlisted applicants only)
· Mid-September, 2019 – Announcement of results
Note: Late or incomplete applications, and applications made in other forms will NOT be considered.
|Frequently Asked Questions|