|31 Jul 2021 (Sat)|
|Enquiry||:||email@example.com; 3400 2621|
Gain Global Insights at World-class Financial Technology (FinTech) Training!
The Cyberport University Partnership Programme (CUPP) aims to groom university students/ fresh graduates for future FinTech start-ups, with an online entrepreneurship boot camp by prestigious overseas university and opportunities for HK$100,000 cash grant!
CUPP PROGRAMME OFFERS
- Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp by prestigious overseas university
- Mentorship and insight from FinTech industry elite
- Pitch your FinTech business idea to investors
- HK$100,000 grant by Cyberport Creative Micro Fund
CUPP PROGRAMME TIMELINE
- PolyU Proof-of-Concept (POC) Funding Scheme will support shortlisted teams with HK$5,000 fund to strive for the awards.
- PolyU Innovators Exchange, an online talent-matching platform for students and graduates of PolyU to form teams/ start-ups to innovate for competitions or real-life solutions.
ELIGIBILITY (via PolyU nomination)
- FinTech projects with components in AI, Blockchain and Cybersecurity
Team Leader (i.e. Principal Applicant)
- Team leader (i.e. principal applicant) must be (1) PolyU member (including HKCC and SPEED) and (2) a Hong Kong Permanent ID Card holder
- Between 18 to 30 years old (upon 4 Aug 2021)
- Either undergraduates or postgraduates
Either current students or recently graduated within 3 years from the co-organising universities (PolyU including HKCC and SPEED, CityU, HKBU, LingU, CUHK, HKUST, OpenU, HKU)
*mix of eligible applicants from different co-organising universities is allowed
Team size: max. 5
**only 3 members in each team could join the Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp overseas
- Good command of English
APPLICATION (via PolyU nomination)
Submit online application with
(1) a 15-slide pitch deck (PDF)
(2) CVs of all team members; and
(3) copy of student ID/ graduation certificate of all team members
Please read the below before your application.
- Online Application Manual
- POC Notes for Application
- Declaration of Use of PolyU Knowledge/Innovations/Technologies
CUPP PROGRAMME JUDGING CRITERIA
- 30% - Project Management Team
- 30% - Business Model and Time to Market
- 30% - Creativity and Innovation of the Proposed Project, Product and Service
- 10% - Social Responsibility
CUPP PROGRAMME FEE OR DEPOSIT (TO CYBERPORT)
Applicable to successful applicants only:
- Non-refundable Admission Fee (paid upon successful admission) (HK$1,000)
Refundable deposit (HK$2,000)
refundable upon full attendance and performance of the participants in CUPP 2021-22, as assessed by Cyberport.
**CUPP teams shall join all activities (i.e. including Demo Day) throughout CUPP programme period. Cyberport reserved the right to request CUPPers and/or CUPP Teams, to pay back all the fees incurred in the CUPP programme (e.g. CUPP Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp fee).