The management, including purchasing and storage, of chemicals on campus, if not properly handled, may risk violation of legal regulation. Hence, all hazardous chemical purchases shall be processed and inventoried by the Dangerous Goods Management Team (DGMT) in accordance with the Manual of Central Chemical Purchasing Procedures.
Finance Office reserves the right to refuse payment for chemical invoice if the order is found to be unauthorized. Unauthorized procurement of hazardous chemicals is classified as a non-compliance item in the health and safety inspection exercise conducted by Health, Safety and Environment Office (HSEO).
HSEO pledges to provide, as far as reasonably practical, this service within:
- five working days to vet and place the order to supplier (up to 10 items per order).
- two working days to dispatch the chemicals to user upon delivery from supplier.
Nomination and Registration of Delegate
- The Head of Department (HoD), Director of Research Centre (DoRC) or Principal Investigator (PI) can nominate chemical purchasing delegates by submitting an online Consent Letter - Appointment of Chemical Purchasing Delegate (HSE-DGMT Form 01).
Submission of Purchase Request
- Fill in the Chemical Ordering Form (HSE-DGMT Form 02). Send the quotation, the completed form and the manufacturer Safety Data Sheet (SDS) / Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) to email@example.com.
Checkout of Chemical
- Affix chemical label onto HSE-DGMT Form 03 and submit the completed form to DGMT from time to time; or
- Scan the QR code on DGMT label by using the “Remove” function in Sisot Mobile Application (See Other Documents below for Quick User Guide).
- Briefing for Purchasing Delegates on the Central Chemical Purchasing System
- Chemical Purchasing Delegates Refresher Training
- Controlled Chemicals Ref List (Link For Staff)
- Controlled Chemicals Ref List (Link For Students)
- Guide for Nominating and Registering Chemical Purchasing Delegate
- Guide for Nominating and Registering Chemical Purchasing Delegate Demonstration Video
- Manual of Central Chemical Purchasing Procedures (HSE-DGMT Manual 01)
- Past Chemical Purchase Records (Link For Staff)
- Past Chemical Purchase Records (Link For Students)
- Sisot Mobile Application (SMA) Demonstration Video
- Sisot Mobile Application (SMA) Quick User Guide
- 3400 8416