For reporting of work-related injury accidents of employees of the University, the concerned department shall notify Human Resources Office (HRO) by completing HR Form 67 as soon as possible, and the form shall reach HRO no later than 4 days after the accident. A copy of the HR Form 67 shall be copied to HSEO under confidential cover.
HRO will report the case to the Labour Department (LD) in accordance with the Employees' Compensation Ordinance, Cap. 282, and HSEO will follow up the investigation and consider improvements to prevent re-occurrence.
For reporting of all other kinds of injury accidents or incidents (i.e. apart from work-related injury accidents of employees stated above), the concerned department shall complete HSE Form 2 with the endorsement by their Head of Department (HoD). The form shall reach HSEO within 72 hours after the accident/incident happened.
Examples of the accidents/incidents are given below.
- Any injury of staff by accident not arising out of and in the course of employment
- Any injury accident (including sports injury) involving student, visitor and/or contractor worker
- Incident of spill of chemical, biological agent and/or radioactive substance
- Any incident involving the damage of property or equipment which considers to be safety critical
- A dangerous occurrence (as defined under the Occupational safety & Health Ordinance, Cap. 509.)
Upon the receipt of the report, HSEO will contact the respective department for investigation and/or follow-up.
Related Policies / Guidelines
- 3400 8402
- 3400 8396