My research area is primarily in second language acquisition and critical discourse analysis. In general, using large corpora, I extract relevant content for language teaching or discourse analysis. Adopting a bottom-up, data-driven approach, I provide data support or validation for existing theories.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- Doctor of Philosophy, City University of Hong Kong
- Master of Arts, City University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Arts, Jiangnan University
Academic and Professional Experiences
- Jan 2022 – Present: Postdoc, Dept. of English and communication, PolyU
- Jul 2021 – Dec 2021: Counselor (PT), LangComp Co., Ltd.
- Jun 2015 – Aug 2017: Staff Member, Multi-language Base in Dalian of the International Promotion of Chinese Language, Dalian University of Foreign Languages
- Second Language Acquisition
- Teaching Chinese as a Second Language
- (Critical) Discourse Analysis
- Gao, Q., & Lun, S. (2021). A Study on the Difference of Chinese Short-term Memory Between Intermediate Chinese Learners and Native Speakers. The Journal of Modernization of Chinese Language Education, 10(1), 1-10.
- Gao, Q., & Lun, S. (2020). Preliminary Analysis of the Authenticity of TCSL Oral Textbooks from the Perspective of the Distribution of Idiomatic Expressions. The Journal of Modernization of Chinese Language Education, 9(1), 16-23.
- Gao, H., & Gao, Q. (2018). Tell the Story of China Well and Help the "Belt and Road”— Take the Confucius Institute at the Yerevan State University of Languages and Social Sciences of Armenia "Bryusov" as an Example. In H. Liu, H. Zhang, & R. Tang (Eds.), Chinese Culture Overseas Communication (2018) (pp. 83-95). Social Sciences Academic Press (China).
- Gao, Q., & Lun, S. (2021). A Case Study of the Influence of Chunk Teaching on the Oral Performance of Intermediate Chinese Learners. In X. Li, J. Xu (Eds.), Digital Chinese Teaching (2021). Ho Chi Minh City Normal University Press.