Bachelor of Science (Honours) Scheme in Biomedical Engineering
Why PolyU BME?
Unique Features of PolyU BME programme:
- students have an opportunity to select BME with P&O stream if they prefer a more clinical-based career
- solid training for students in bioinstrumentation and sensors
- strong industrial links for student internship and technology transfer
- a team of colleagues dedicated for BME programme with related backgrounds
- a very active BME Alumni Association
This growing field requires professionals who understand the health issues that motivate technology developments and apply engineering solutions. Our students have opportunities to take subjects in both health sciences and engineering, and to integrate their learned knowledge into interdisciplinary applications to improve human health.
- possess a solid foundation in both health/medical sciences and engineering technologies.
- understand the health/medical issues that motivate the technologies and engineering solutions that they offer.
- be able to develop and apply engineering technologies in areas such as clinical engineering, medical instrumentation and sensors, and prosthetics and orthotics
- become leaders in the biomedical engineering professionals who are self-motivated inquirers, critical thinkers, innovative problem solvers, effective communicators, team players, lifelong learners, and ethical practitioners.
- be able to improve the community health status by health promotion, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, and rehabilitation
Your browser is not the latest version. If you continue to browse our website, Some pages may not function properly.
You are recommended to upgrade to a newer version or switch to a different browser. A list of the web browsers that we support can be found here