The Secondary School Relations Section (SSRS) is established under the Office of Undergraduate Studies (OUS) and is overseen by the Associate Vice President (Undergraduate Programme). The structure of the OUS is as below.
SSRS is dedicated to strategically liaise with the senior management of secondary schools and to foster a positive relationship with all educational stakeholders in Hong Kong. It is also tasked to publicize the undergraduate programmes of PolyU, in collaboration with different Departments and Units, in a strategic manner.
The roles and responsibilities of SSRS are:
- To serve as a single point of liaison at the University for local secondary schools in Hong Kong;
- In collaboration with different Departments and Units (such as the Academic Secretariat) to promote PolyU and its undergraduate programmes;
- To arrange tailor-made campus visits to enrich students’ understanding of programmes of particular interests and to expose them to the state-of-the-art facilities on the campus;
- To disseminate up-to-date information about PolyU and its promotional activities to secondary schools through the website; and
- To strengthen the relationship with the senior management of secondary schools by inviting them to attend PolyU’s functions and events.