Applicants are required to meet any one of the following English language requirements for admission consideration:
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 80 or above for the Internet-based test* or 550 or above for the paper-based test;
- An overall Band Score of 6 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS);
- Grade C or above in GCEOL English;
- Grade C / 4 or above in GCSE / IGCSE English Language or English Literature;
- Grade E or above in GCEAL / GCEASL / IAL / IAS English Language or English Literature;
- Grade 4 or above in English or English Literature at International Baccalaureate (IB);
- Grade E or above in HKASLE Use of English;
- Grade C or above in Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
HKDSE English is an acceptable alternative for meeting the English language requirements. For applicants applying for admission to Bachelor's Degree Schemes / Programmes, an attainment at Level 3 or above is required.
Individual cases will be considered on their own merits by the departments concerned. Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.
* MyBestTM Score is not accepted as meeting our English language requirements.
TOEFL iBT Home Edition, IELTS Online and IELTS Indicator will not be considered as meeting our English language requirements of taught programmes for September 2024 entry.