Scholarship for Professional Development
Open for application. Application form here
- To encourage and support CoP-SLSS members to further develop their understanding of and competence in service-learning pedagogy.
- To enhance CoP-SLSS members’ knowledge and competence in designing, delivering, assessing and evaluating service-learning courses and projects.
- To encourage CoP-SLSS members’ continuous professional development in service-learning and/or citizenship education.
- Teachers or staff members from school who has registered as a school member of CoP-SLSS
- Priority will be given to:
- Teachers or staff members from key schools
- First-time applicants
Use of Funding
- Attend international conference to disseminate School’s SL programme(s)
- Enroll well-recognised service-learning or citizenship education professional development short course
- Join service-learning field trip
- Run pilot small scale secondary school service-learning project
The maximum amount of grant for each successful applicant is HK$10,000.
Selection Process and Criteria
A selection panel will be set up to review the applications and recommend funding decisions, based on the following criteria:
- The merits of the proposal
- Potential benefits to the member and the CoP-SLSS
- Impact on student learning
- Proposer’s participation in and contribution to the activities of the CoP-SLSS
Submission of Application
Announcement of Result
Result will be announced within 2 weeks after submission deadline, 18 November, 2022.
A completion report/attendance certificate should be submitted to CoP-SLSS (Attention: Ms. Alison Ip) with original receipts after successful completion of the granted activity.