Application for PolyU Service-Learning Offshore Project for Secondary School Students Financial Assistance Scheme 2022/23
Open for application. Application form here
Source of Funds and Objectives
Funded by donations from Chow Tai Fook Charity Foundation and Keswick Foundation, the PolyU Service-Learning Offshore Project for Secondary School Students Financial Assistance Scheme aims at helping secondary school students to join service-learning (SL) offshore project organised by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Student(s) from secondary schools which have joined the Capacity Building Scheme for Secondary School Teachers as Key schools or Associated schools, joining service-learning offshore project organised by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Priority will be given to:
- Teachers or staff members from key schools
- First-time applicants
Use of Funding and Level of Assistance
- Subsidising 50% of the travelling expenses of PolyU organised offshore SL project, with a maximum of HK$10,000.
- For students with demonstrated financial difficulties, subsidising up to 80% of the travelling expenses, with a maximum of HK$16,000.
- The level of assistance depends on the stipulation of available fund.
Notification of Results and Payment Arrangement
- The financial assistance will be either directly deducted from the participation cost of the SL offshore project concerned.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a report on their learning experiences after the trip. The report can be in the format of written text, video, presentation or sharing. Successful applicants may also be invited to attend media interview, if any.
1 April to 30 June 2023
Selection Process and Criteria
A selection panel will be set up to review the applications and recommend funding decisions, based on the following criteria:
- Potential benefits to the students and the participating secondary schools
- Impact on student learning
Submission of Application
All application must be submitted a month before the activity/project commencement.
Announcement of Result
Result will be announced within 2 weeks after submission deadline.