- How to connect to BI and SRS at home? (For staff)
Business Admin Applications
For existing BI & SRS users, you need first to:
- Install the PolyU VPN software, "Pulse Secure", on your home desktop machine. Details could be found at the service webpage;
- To setup VPN for this type, note with the following:
- Profile name to be created: Admin VPN
- Server URL: https://vpn.polyu.edu.hk
- Install MFA (Multi-Factors Authentication) mobile app, "Microsoft Authenticator", on a mobile/tablet. Details could be found at FAQ: What is PolyU Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
After completing the above, follow the steps below:
Connect to PolyU Network with VPN + MFA:
- Start "Pulse Secure" on your home desktop machine and connect to PolyU with your NetID / NetPassword
- The VPN client will prompt for a "Enter Your Microsoft verification code":
- On your mobile/tablet, start "Microsoft Authenticator"
- Click on "The Hong Kong Polytechnic ..."
- Enter the 6-digit password displayed on your home desktop machine
- Once VPN is connected successfully, you may access BI & SRS with a web browser