- How can I connect to my office PC remotely to retrieve my data? (For staff and Research Student)
Network - Remote Desktop
- Your office machine MUST be powered on.
- If your machine is NOT domain joined:
- Its "Remote Desktop" service MUST be enabled
- Its "Remote Desktop Users" setting MUST have been configured
You need to register your office machine for remote access from off-campus first. Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your NetID
- Reason for remote access
- IT number of your computer (for domain joined machine)
- IP Address
Please cc your HoD when sending the request (note: for research student, please cc to your Principle Invigilator or Coaching Professor).
We'll email to confirm once your request is processed.
Make a connection to your office desktop
- Install the PolyU VPN software in your home desktop;
- For Mac users, you may also need to install a Remote Desktop (RDP) software in your home desktop;
- Start the "Global Protect VPN" and connect to PolyU;
- Once the "Global Protect VPN" connected successfully, start the RDP software;
- For Windows, look for the built-in application "Remote Desktop Connection". Type in your registered office machine's IP address in "Computer" and login with your NetID and NetPassword;
- For Mac, use the Remote Desktop software installed above. Add a new "PC" with your registered office machine's IP address in "PC name" and login with your NetID and NetPassword;
- When prompt for login, please use your NetID and NetPassword;
- Please do NOT restart / shut down your office machine remotely, as it may result your office unreachable.