The mission of the Institutional Research and Planning Office (IRPO) at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is to provide timely and accurate information and analyses to support senior management in their academic planning and decision making, including monitoring progress on achieving the Strategic Plan.
- Participate in university-wide planning processes including collection and analysis of data to support monitoring of progress of strategic plan and initiatives.
- Analyse trends and developments in the Higher Education sector in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Obtaining data to conduct institutional benchmarking studies and comparative studies.
- Working with units across the University, IRPO is responsible for coordinating the external reporting of institutional data to the University Grants Committee, in the form of a series of statistics that cover student, staff, research grants and finance known as the Common Data Collection Format (CDCF)
- Providing data for international ranking purposes. IRPO seeks to ensure that reported data conform to the definitions and regulations stipulated by the respective agencies. IRPO will also monitor and analyse ranking performances of the University.
- Working collaboratively with all units in the University and senior management to provide actionable business intelligence, employing best practices in predictive analytics to provide valuable and precise data for evidence-based decision making.
The IRPO was established in April 2015 and reports to the Deputy President and Provost. The team is comprised of statisticians, MIS experts, researchers, and analysts.
|Dr. Alison Lloyd||| Director||| 3400 3240 |||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Josephine Hon||| Senior Officer||| 2766 5365 |||email@example.com|
|Anson Wun||| Manager (Institutional Intelligence)||| 2766 5348 |||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amanda Li||| Senior Institutional Research Analyst||| 3400 2148 |||email@example.com|
|Vincent Fung||| Analyst||| 3400 2141 |||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joyce Wong||| Executive Officer||| 3400 8197 |||email@example.com|
|Vivian Cheng||| Assistant Analyst||| 3400 3549 |||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alison Chan||| Clerical Officer I||| 2766 5351 |||email@example.com|