PolyU Undergraduate Conference on Applied Linguistics and Language Studies
On Saturday, March 4, 2023, The Department of English and Communication at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University will host an all-day conference featuring the work of undergraduate students in Applied Linguistics, Communication, and Language Studies at universities in Hong Kong.
Participants from all Hong Kong universities are invited to present papers encompassing basic research, methodological development, critical essays, or other scholarship activities they have worked on during their undergraduate studies. Presentations should focus on one of the following broad areas:
- Applied Language Studies
- Navigating Communication in the Post-COVID Digital World, the Internet, and Social Media
- Language Education and Learning
- Next Generation Workplaces, Healthcare, Public Health, and Multicultural Business
- Linguistic Landscape and Urban Spaces
- Language in Pop Culture
- Language and Politics/Governing/Government
- Language and European Studies
PolyU-CALLS provides an opportunity for undergraduate students to showcase their research, creative, and academic work to an audience of peers, instructors, and scholars. Students who are accepted to the conference will give an oral or poster presentation at the conference. Submission of a completed written paper is not required.
If you have any questions about the conference or the proposal submission process, please contact: email@example.com