L2L Video Contest (updated with results)
Learners' Choice Awards
- Most Popular Video: "The inspiring and transparent PADLET for better learners" by Dr Rodney Chu (APSS)
- Most Inspiring Video (Gold): "The inspiring and transparent PADLET for better learners" by Dr Rodney Chu (APSS)
- Most Inspiring Video (Silver): "Believe in Yourself!" by Nico Liu (ITC) and Hajra Abid (ITC)
- Most Inspiring Video (Bronze): "A Day Of Online Study" by Dr Catherine Cheung (SHTM), Dr Emily Chen (SHTM) and Kyla Huang (SHTM)
- Most Creative Video (Gold): "I Am Still Learning, Are You?" by Dr Catherine Cheung (SHTM), Dr Emily Chen (SHTM) and Kyla Huang (SHTM)
- Most Creative Video (Silver): "How to be productive at home" by Phyllis Zhao (APSS)
- Most Creative Video (Bronze): "Study less with good habits" by Killian Tang (SN)
- Most Useful Video (Gold): "The Teaching Game" by Dr Catherine Cheung (SHTM), Dr Emily Chen (SHTM) and Kyla Huang (SHTM)
- Most Useful Video (Silver): "Notion: Create a Drag and Drop Calendar and To-do List" by Eunice Mak (SN)
- Most Useful Video (Bronze): "5 Learning Tools that I Find it Interesting" by Jer-Tao Lee (COMP)
Critical Acclaim Awards
- Best Interpretation Award: "Wasted 4 years in filmmaking, here's what I learnt" by Ivan Lee (EIE)
- Best Message Delivery Award: "Wasted 4 years in filmmaking, here's what I learnt" by Ivan Lee (EIE)
- Best Artistic Appeal Award: "Stop Procrastinating in Tackling Your Procrastination" by Hanna Wong (ITC)
- Best Production Award: "If Technology was your friend" by Bharati Das (SD) and Tejeshwar Yarlagadda (BEEE)
Best Video Awards
- Gold: "The Teaching Game" by Dr Catherine Cheung (SHTM), Dr Emily Chen (SHTM) and Kyla Huang (SHTM)
- Silver: "Wasted 4 years in filmmaking, here's what I learnt" by Ivan Lee (EIE)
- Bronze: "A Day Of Online Study" by Dr Catherine Cheung (SHTM), Dr Emily Chen (SHTM) and Kyla Huang (SHTM)
Guidelines and Information
The Learning to Learn (L2L) Community of Practice (CoP) is organising the L2L Video Contest. It invites students and teachers to create short videos to share their insights and discoveries with a view to helping others to become better learners. The L2L Video Contest will take place over the course of March to May 2022.
Through this event, we hope to:
- promote engagement and student-teacher partnership in L2L;
- generate a wealth of short videos to help students become better learners; and
- create a learning community in which members support each other’s development through collaboration, sharing and exchanges.
All students and teachers of PolyU are welcome to take part in this contest. Participation can be individual or in team (up to 3 members per team). Students and teachers are encouraged to form teams together (not that it matters, but this will get you bonus points for the grand prizes).
How to Join?
Create a short video to share something (stories, experiences, insights, tips, strategies, habits, tools, resources, etc.) that can help others to become better learners. Submit the video via the L2L Video Contest Blackboard site by 8 April 2022.
(Note: You will need to self-enrol to the Blackboard course to submit a video.)
A video entry must be submitted under one of the three categories (each individual/team can submit one video for each category):
- Category 1: Stories & experiencesSharing of inspirational stories, experiences and insights (Enter for the ‘Most Inspiring Video’ Awards)
- Category 2: Tips & strategiesSharing of effective learning strategies, tips, habits, etc. (Enter for the ‘Most Creative Video’ Awards)
- Category 3: Tools & resourcesIntroduction of useful learning tools and resources (Enter for the ‘Most Useful Video’ Awards)
To qualify for the contest, a video entry must meet the following requirements:
- Originality: It must be an original work of the entrant(s).
- Content: Relevant to learning to learn (find out more in the Appendix to this document)
- Title: In English, max. 10 words
- Narration: In the participant’s own voice and in English
- Length: 30 Seconds – 3 Minutes
- File Format: .mp4 or .mov
A video will be disqualified if it contains:
- Copyrighted/unlicensed materials
- Offensive language
- Inappropriate or illegal contents
Awards and Judging Criteria
There are three types of awards: Learners’ Choice Awards, Critical Acclaim Awards, and Best Video Awards. Each contains several awards as follows:
|Learner's Choice Awards|
|- Most Popular Video||Decided by public votes|
|- Most Inspiring Video (Gold, Silver, Bronze)|
|- Most Creative Video (Gold, Silver, Bronze)|
|- Most Useful Video (Gold, Silver, Bronze)|
|Critical Acclaim Awards|
|- Best Interpretation||Decided by the Judging Panel|
|- Best Message Delivery|
|- Best Artistic Appeal|
|- Best Production|
|Best Video Awards (Gold, Silver, Bronze)||Based on public votes and the Judging Panel's ratings|
Prizes and Lucky Draws
Each qualified entry will get a reward for participation (either an Apple Store $300 gift card or a ParknShop $300 coupon). For the winners of the contest:
|Best Video Entry (Gold)||
Gold: MacBook Air, AirPods Max and $3,000 cash prize
|Most Popular Video||iPhone 13|
|Most Inspiring Video||
Gold: 11' iPad Pro
|Most Creative Video|
|Most Useful Video|
|Critical Acclaim Awards||11' iPad Pro|
There will be a token of appreciation for the voters too. The first 100 voters will get a $50 ParknShop coupon. For every 100 voters, there will be a lucky draw to give away a $100 ParknShop coupon.
How to Vote for Your Favourite Video?
The qualified videos will be made available to PolyU students and staff through a secured online platform on 1 April 2022 for viewing and voting. The links for viewing the videos and for voting will be published on this website and the L2L CoP website. The voting period ends on 22 April 2022.
Announcement of Results
The results will be announced on this wevsite and the L2L CoP website in mid-May 2022. The winners will be informed by email. An award ceremony and prize presentation will be held in early June. (Note: The exact dates will be announced in due course.)
Notes on copyright: By submitting a video for the contest, the entrants grant PolyU an unrestricted royalty-free licence to use, edit, display, distribute, and/or broadcast the submitted work in part or in entirety through any channel/medium for any purpose.
Notes on terms and conditions: The organising party reserves the rights to amend the terms and conditions presented in this document without prior notice and to make the final decision in case of disputes.