Facilitators: Laura Zhou (EDC), Mitesh Patel (EDC)
Date: 22 Oct 2019
Time: 12:30 PM - 2:00 PM
Blackboard Collaborate (Bb Collaborate) is an online interactive platform where you can create a virtual learning environment engaging your students synchronously no matter wherever they are.
With this powerful tool, you can meet your students virtually during office hours, invite overseas guest speakers to your lectures, record class and conduct blended learning, facilitate better student collaboration, have an alternative way to make up class due to public holidays or bad weather… and many more!
Curious about Bb Collaborate? Come and join this 2-session series:
Session 1: What is Bb Collaborate (Online self-paced learning, around 10 mins)
After attending this online session, you will be able to
- Describe what Bb Collaborate is
- Identify major functions of Bb Collaborate
- Present potential usage of Bb Collaborate
Session 2: How to use Bb Collaborate (Face-to-face active learning, TU411, Oct. 22, Wednesday 12:30 - 14:00)
After attending this face-to-face session, you will be able to
- Create Bb Collaborate sessions for your virtual classroom
- Set up the virtual environment to fit for your purpose
- Use major functions of Bb Collaborate to conduct teaching in the virtual environment (e.g. chat, share white board/ppt, polling, breakout room)
- Develop a list of good practices for conducting virtual class
Activities in Session 2 will build on online activities of Session 1. Please DO take time to complete Session 1 before joining Session 2.