Academic advising at PolyU aims to help students to make informed and intelligent academic decisions/ choices about their study at PolyU that suit their intellectual, professional and personal goals. It is instrumental to promoting student success, and plays a vital role in enhancing students’ overall learning experience at PolyU.
Academic Advising System
- All BRE students admitted to the new 4-year curriculum will be assigned a Departmental Academic Advisor.
- Academic Advisors and their student advisees are expected to keep in contact regularly (e.g., via emails or other means), and to have at least one face-to-face meeting with them, either individually or in small groups, during the academic year.
- The student advisees will prepare a brief report after meeting with the Academic Advisor each time. (Attachments: Meeting Report (Group), Meeting Report (Individual))
- The student advisees should complete the Consent Form (Attachment: Consent Form) during the first meeting with the Academic Advisor.
- The original brief report will be kept by the Academic Advisor for record and a copy of the report will be uploaded to student record system for access of students and relevant parties.
List of Academic Advisors
- Dr Amos DARKO (email@example.com)
- Dr Daniel CHAN (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Esther YUNG (email@example.com)
- Dr Francis SIU (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr HH WEI (email@example.com)
- Dr HL CHI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr HQ FAN (email@example.com)
- Dr Ivy WONG (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Jeff SHEN (email@example.com)
- Dr JoonOh SEO (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Kingsford OWUSU (email@example.com)
- Dr Patrick FONG (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Tanya TAN (email@example.com)
- Dr Yi SUN (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Ying FAN (email@example.com)
- Ms Hebe HOW (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Eddie HUI (email@example.com)
- Prof. Heng LI (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prof. Tarek ZAYED (email@example.com)
Academic Advisors' Roles
- Help students to clarify their intellectual, professional and personal goals
- Help students to develop an appropriate study plan
- Alert students to students academic regulations and requirements, particularly those relating to the Major
- Early identification of students with special learning needs or early signs of learning problems and make necessary referrals