Library Access & Research Carrels
- All library users with disability may gain immediate admittance to the Library without waiting in the queue outside the Library. A separate exit is available for wheelchair users.
- Access of the Library can be arranged for assistants of students with special needs. On their behalf, the assistants can look up and check out Library materials for the students. Please contact the Section Head of Access Services (2766 7884) for details. Disabled users will be given priority at all service points. Library staff are always happy to assist in completing any necessary library procedures.
- Trolleys for carrying books for those who are on elbow crutches are available on each floor of the Library.
- A Special Equipment Room is located on the 4th Floor (Room L401a) for students with special needs. It is equipped with computers, powerbraille, scanners, magnifying devices and speech synthesizer software and scanning & reading appliance for students with disability. Please register with Centre STARS to use the room or facilities there. After registration, students can gain access to the room by simply presenting their student ID card to the smart card reader.
- Two priority research carrels (Room A5 and A6) for private study are available on 3rd Floor South Wing of the Library for students with special needs who have registered with Centre STARS. Eligible users can reserve the carrels one day in advance and check in the carrels by presenting their student ID card to the smart card reader on the door of the reserved carrels. Advance booking for using the carrels could be made via https://www.lib.polyu.edu.hk/services/it-support/ibooking.
On special study room L401a and general assistance:
On other Library facilities / services: