Campus Access and Emergency
- Students can come to PolyU campus by taking various kinds of public transport e.g. MTR or bus. If wheelchair-bound students need to take taxi to /from campus, they may contact Diamondcab at 2760 8771. For details, please browse http://www.diamondcab.com.hk/taking-diamond-cab.php.
- All buildings on campus comply with the Statutory Regulations for "Buildings to be Planned for Use for Disabled Person".
- Most buildings on campus are accessible via ramps or lifts. Improvements have been and will continue to be made to improve accessibility and safety. Ramps and stair lifts are available to enable people with disability or special educational needs to go from the main campus to Block Z. A wheelchair is also available at the guard booth near the subway adjacent to Lee Shau Kee Building (Block Y) to help crutch-users use the stair lift.
- Signs are available inside buildings to indicate the location of washrooms.
- Students with disability / Special educational needs are advised to become familiar with major escape routes within buildings. Lift lobbies are usually the refuge points (protected areas between fire doors) which are accessible to the fire service and security staff. In the event of an emergency, students with mobility difficulties may consider staying at refuge points and contact our security staff at 2766 7999 for assistance.
- Toilet Facilities
- In the Event of Fire
2766 7666 (Campus Security Control Centre)