shutterstock 516812062 1280x300

 To facilitate students' compliance with the regulations of the Hong Kong Immigration Department, please note the following conditions when taking up any part-time on-campus appointment at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (“PolyU”): 

  • You can take up part-time on-campus employment (“PT Employment”) for not more than 20 hours per week (the “Maximum Weekly Working Hours”) except during the summer period (i.e. from 1 June to 31 August). “Week” refers to a period of seven days from Sunday to Saturday. You are not allowed to roll-over unused hours from one week to another;
  • You are only allowed to take up PT Employment at operators designated by PolyU. If the work location is outside campus, the University should be the employer;
  • ALL of your PT Employment at the University, regardless the number of concurrent employments, are to be taken into account for compliance with the Maximum Weekly Working Hours;
  • It is unlawful for you to be employed beyond the Maximum Weekly Working Hours. If your PT Employment exceeds the Maximum Weekly Working Hours, except during the summer period (i.e. from 1 June to 31 August), the excess would neither be paid nor regarded as an employment;
  • You should have a valid “No Objection Letter (NOL)” throughout the whole employment period. If the NOL is withdrawn or becomes invalid, it is unlawful for you to continue any PT Employment. You have to inform your PT Employment supervisor immediately.