Master of Science in Disaster Management (Resilience, Response and Relief)
Entrance Year Last intake in 2019
Programme Code 53087
Stream Code -
Mode of Study Online Mode
Normal Duration 2.5 years
Fund Type Self-Financed
Credits Required for Graduation 36
Programme Leader Dr Sunshine CHAN Co-Programme Leader Dr Darren WALTER
RN, RM, DHSc
Dr Sunshine CHAN
Dr Darren WALTER
Joint award from both PolyU and the University of Manchester, UK The University of Manchester
Last cohort in 2019
Aims and Characteristics
This programme provides participants with the opportunity to develop and expand knowledge, understanding and judgment in theoretical and practical disaster management and humanitarian action.
- Designed to equip students with advanced knowledge, and to continue their personal development in disaster risk management and humanitarianism;
- Underpinned by a multidisciplinary approach that enables graduates to conduct theoretical and practical analysis, as well as evaluation to support disaster management and humanitarian action in global health contexts;
- Conducted by experienced disaster teaching team members who are trainers for continuing education courses and postgraduate programmes in disaster management;
- Collaborates with the Humanitarian and Conflict Response Institute at The University of Manchester, a leading global centre for the study of humanitarianism and international disaster management;
- Provides students with hands-on field placement experience to support their future career development; and
- Offers flexible online* study that enables part-time students to obtain a master's degree without residency and boundary restrictions.
* The Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China reserves the right to recognise the qualifications of online programmes.
(This programme is a purely distance learning course.)
^ This programme is a purely distance learning course. Last cohort in 2019.