Financial Subsidy Scheme for Offshore Service-Learning Projects
Service-Learning Requirement is mandatory for all full-time undergraduate students in PolyU. In current practice, almost all credit-bearing service-learning (SL) subjects with offshore projects require participating students to pay certain amount as trip fee to cover part of the travelling cost. Hence, the University has set up this scheme under the administration of the Service-Learning and Leadership Office. Students enrolled on SL subjects with an offshore project and having demonstrable financial difficulties in paying the trip fee may apply for financial subsidies.
All full-time UGC-funded undergraduate students who are:
- Taking the credit-bearing service-learning-subject-related offshore projects. (Students joining pilot projects will only be considered under very special circumstances.)
- Receiving over half of government grant or loan (i.e. the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS)); and/or having demonstrable financial difficulties in paying the trip fee, for example: receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA), or family member has a long-term /serious illness.
- Taking the first credit-bearing service-learning subject.
Points to Note:
- The Service-Learning and Leadership Office (SLLO) may contact you if further information is needed.
- The maximum amount of subsidy is the trip fee required to pay per student for the offshore service-learning project. Deposit and other expenses incurred, if any, will not be considered.
- Successful applicant is required submit a post-trip service report to the SLLO.
- The subsidy will be reimbursed to students upon completion of the project or requirement, successful applicant should notify the SLLO after trip for subsidy arrangement.
Special arrangement for 2021/22:
Semester 1 Submission Deadline: 22-Oct-2021(Friday)
Submission Method: email it to email@example.com
- The SLLO reserves the right not to accept late submission or application with insufficient information.
- The SLLO has full discretion over the acceptance or rejection of an application and the amount of subsidy.
- For enquiries, please contact the SLLO at 2766-4376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.