Please note that the following activities are not organised by PolyU and hence will not be covered by any of the insurance policies of the University. You are strongly advised to take care of your own personal accident / medical insurance. Also, please be aware and take care of all your personal medical needs while undertaking the activities.
Service Code: O-243
Service Name: Marketing Communications - Graphic Design & Production Assistant
Organisation: Mother’s Choice (母親的抉擇)
No. of volunteers to be recruited: 5
Mother’s Choice is a local charity serving the many children without families and pregnant teenagers in Hong Kong. We join hands with our community to give hope and change the life stories of vulnerable girls and babies. Our vision is to see every child in a loving family.
Job Responsibilities: We are looking for motivated graphic designer volunteers to provide design and production support.
Here are some of our current needs in design layout and production:
- Event materials – e.g. Invites, booklets, backdrops, nametags, gift bags, mementos, digital visuals for social media.
- Corporate and Service collaterals – e.g. Annual reports, company handbook, brochures, leaflets.
- Campaign materials – e.g. Print ads, outdoor ads, online visuals.
Possess good design skills with knowledge in design programs (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.), preferably with experience in similar projects, and follow our brand guidelines.
- Bilingual – Chinese and English.
- Work at our office* for team briefing and collaboration purposes.
- Position starts any time, work days and hours are flexible:
- Either 2-4 days per week, Tue-Fri, @10:30am-4:30pm;
- Or any 2-4 mornings per week, Tue-Fri, @10am-2pm
- Or any 2-4 afternoons per week, Tue-Fri, @12:30pm-4:30pm or @4:30pm-6.30pm
- Note: All design copyright belongs to Mother’s Choice.You must share editable source files of artwork (In AI, PS or IND formats).
- Must share the commitment of Mother’s Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount.
- Preferably a minimum of 3 months commitment.
- Working off-site will be considered after serving a minimum of 1 month and willing to come in for briefings.
- Become acquainted with other “like-minded” volunteers.
- Create a sense of purpose by connecting to your community and be the difference in making it a better place.
- Develop and expand your design portfolio.
- Gain work experience in a charity.
Please email us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your brief resume
- Your availability (e.g. dates and time that you are available for service)
- Samples of your design work
Enquiry: Please contact Elizabeth Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3915 5744