Please note that the following activities are not organised by PolyU and hence will not be covered by any of the insurance policies of the University. You are strongly advised to take care of your own personal accident / medical insurance. Also, please be aware and take care of all your personal medical needs while undertaking the activities.
Service Code: O-240
Service Name: Recruiting Facilitators for “Smoke-free Teens” Training Camp
Organisation: Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health
No. of volunteers to be recruited: 16-20 per camp
About “Smoke-free Teens” Training Camp
COSH has been organizing Smoke-free Teens Programme annually since 2012 to nurture teenagers to become future leaders in the society and to promote smoke-free culture. The training camp, as part of the programme, aims to train a group of Smoke-free Teens (Form 1-4 or aged 14-18) to take up the role of spreading and promoting smoke-free messages in their schools and community through organizing smoke-free activities. Participants will acquire various knowledge and skills through workshops, team building and adventure-based activities in the training camp.
Date (4 camps, 2-Day-1-Night)*
- 8:30am, 18 July 2019 – 6pm, 19 July 2019
- 8:30am, 23 July 2019 – 6pm, 24 July 2019
- 8:30am, 30 July 2019 – 6pm, 31 July 2019
- 8:30am, 6 August 2019 – 6pm, 7 August 2019
*Candidates are encouraged to join all of the above sessions.
Role of Volunteer:
Roles of Facilitators:
- Assist COSH staff in overseeing the activities, general camp operations;
- Lead a group of Smoke-free Teens to participate in the activities to ensure a safe and smooth camp;
- Assist in enhancing Smoke-free Teens’ knowledge on the hazards of smoking, related tobacco control issues, as well as share findings/ experiences (e.g. how to help youth smokers quit, organizing events or activities etc). Briefing will be provided;
- Facilitate group discussion and group activities; and
- Assist Smoke-free Teens in understanding their roles on promoting tobacco control.
Enquiry: Ms Tracy WONG 2185 6399 email@example.com
Deadline: 24 May 2019