Please note that the following activities are not organised by PolyU and hence will not be covered by any of the insurance policies of the University. You are strongly advised to take care of your own personal accident / medical insurance. Also, please be aware and take care of all your personal medical needs while undertaking the activities.
Service Code: O-234
Service Name: “Smoke-free Teens” Training Camp Facilitator
Organisation: Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health
No. of volunteers to be recruited: 16-20 per camp
The Smoke-free Teens Programme has been organised annually since 2012 by Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health (COSH) to equip participants with knowledge on tobacco control and smoking hazards, and different skills through training camp and organisation of various activities to promote smoke-free culture.
COSH is recruiting voluntary camp facilitators who are studying in university and can speak fluent Cantonese to lead the Smoke-free Teens to participate in camp activities, assist them in understanding their roles on promoting tabacco control, and help ensure a smooth and safe camp. An honorarium (HK$300/camp) per camp with meals and accommodation will be provided to each facilitator.
Camp dates and time (4 camps, 2-Day-1-Night)*
- 8:30am, 18 July 2018 – 6pm, 19 July 2018
- 8:30am, 24 July 2018 – 6pm, 25 July 2018
- 8:30am, 30 July 2018 – 6pm, 31 July 2018
- 8:30am, 6 August 2018 – 6pm, 7 August 2018
*Candidates are encouraged to join all of the above sessions.
Role of Volunteer:
- Assist COSH staff in overseeing the activities, general camp operations;
- Lead a group of Smoke-free Teens to participate in the activities to ensure a safe and smooth camp;
- Assist in enhancing Smoke-free Teens’ knowledge on the hazards of smoking, related tobacco control issues, as well as share findings/ experiences (e.g. how to help youth smokers quit, organizing events or activities etc). Briefing will be provided;
- Facilitate group discussion and group activities; and
- Assist Smoke-free Teens in understanding their roles on promoting tobacco control.
Click HERE for more information about the role of facilitators.
Programme website : https://smokefreeteens.smokefree.hk/
Complete the volunteer registration form and send to Hong Kong Council on Smoking and Health by post (Unit 4402-03, 44/F, Hopewell Centre, 183 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong) or email ( email@example.com).
Ms Tracy Wong or Ms Eunice Fung at 2185 6399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10 July 2018