The 4th International Conference on Service-Learning
16-20 November 2022, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
CALL FOR PAPERS
The purpose of the 4th International Conference on Service-Learning (ICSL2022) is to further promote the scholarly development of the theories, models and tools of service-learning by gathering academics and practitioners on its research and practices.
We invite scholars and students (both undergraduate and graduate students) who are interested in a scholarly and evidence-based approach to service-learning to submit papers to the service-learning conference that relate but are not limited to the following topics:
- Service-Learning under COVID-19/service-learning via online
- The role and impact of Service-Learning in higher education
- International service-learning
- Service-learning and global citizenship
- Service-Learning as general education
- Integrating Service-Learning into academic disciplines in both teaching and research
- Sustainability of Service-Learning projects
- The assessment of learning outcomes in Service-Learning
- Learning through reflection
We welcome papers on completed empirical or theoretical research, significant findings from work-in-progress, experience-sharing and reflection on practices, as well as ideas for new development.
The ICSL2022 accepts proposals in English for the paper presentations and interactive workshops.
Basic Submission Rules
|Length:||Paper presentations: 1,000-1,500 words (excluding all figures, tables, and references)
Interactive workshops: 600-1,000 words (excluding all figures, tables, and references)
**For details, please refer to the following submission guidelines and templates
|Font:||Times New Roman|
|Font size:||12 point|
|Format:||PDF (version 1.7 or above) file|
Submission: The abstract should be a summary of your presentation.
Please adhere to submit an abstract for review with 1,000-1,500 words. Figures, tables, and references are excluded. All papers must be submitted through our online submission system and should follow the template (Paper Presentation Template).
Presentation: The time allotted to each paper is 25 minutes, which includes a 15-minute short oral presentation and a ‘Question & Answer’ session.
Submission: A 600-1,000 word proposal for an interactive workshop should contain the following information:
- Title of the interactive workshop
- Organiser(s) (name, affiliation, job title, email address)
- Theme of the proposed workshop
- An abstract (approx. 200 words): describing the main intended learning outcomes of the interactive workshop and stating the significance of the topic for the proposed interactive workshop
- Description of target audience and estimated number of participants
- Description of the format of the interactive workshop, including a narrative of the workshop flow, roles of the organiser(s) and participants, and how participants will learn in this workshop
- Including a list of hardware, software, and other equipment to be used in the workshop; and
- Short biographical sketch for each presenter, describing relevant experience and qualification (not included in word limit)
Interactive workshop: The time allotted to each interactive workshop is 120 - 180 minutes.
Interactive Workshop Template
- Student submissions will be handled separately through a student track.
- Authors are required to certify that their papers represent original work and are previously unpublished elsewhere. Simultaneous submission to any other conference, workshop or journal is strictly excluded.
- Plagiarism and self-plagiarism are strictly prohibited. In order to protect intellectual property rights of others and the authors’ own academic reputation, we are strongly against this ruthless conduct.
- Authors should take responsibility for their submissions. Any violations of the above regulations are criminal actions.
|Deadline for paper submission
1st round: 18 July 2022
2nd round: 18 August 2022
|Notification of paper acceptance
1st round: 18 August 2022
2nd round: 18 September 2022
|Deadline for camera-ready submission
18 October 2022
Early bird: 1 July – 31 August 2022
Regular: 1 September – 31 October 2022
16-20 November 2022