Entrance Year Sept 2023
Programme Code 24036
Mode of Study Mixed Mode
Normal Duration 3-5 years
Fund Type Self-Financed
Credits Required for Graduation 51
Initial Registration Credits HK$94,900 which covers the tuition fees for 2 subjects plus the fees for residential workshop and overseas study tour.
Local Application Deadline 30 Apr 2023
Non-Local Application Deadline 30 Apr 2023
Tuition Fees HKD513,400
Dr Deniz Kucukusta
Aims and Characteristics
Hotel and tourism management has never been as competitive, dynamic or rewarding a profession as it is today. Industry leaders and educators must develop the skills needed to lead change and effectively identify and respond to a rapidly evolving work environment. The DHTM (Click here for a flyer) helps exceptional individuals to develop these skills through a programme that focuses on innovation, creativity and the enhancement of research abilities. It is delivered within the unique Asian hotel and tourism context.
Subject emphases are as follows:
- Tourism and hotel management within a global context.
- The role of hotel and tourism management within the broader social, economic and political environment.
- The development of the ability to identify emerging trends.
- The development of research skills.
This programme is suitable for:
- Academics who are teaching tourism and hotel/hospitality management
- Senior industry executives
- Senior staff in national, state and local tourism organisations
- Senior staff in non-governmental tourism organisations and industry trade organisations.
This is a self-financed credit-based programme offered in a mixed study mode, with the option of studying full-time or part-time. The subjects are designed to accommodate the learning needs of mature and experienced industry leaders and educators who already hold a Master of Science degree in Hotel and Tourism Management or an equivalent qualification.
The programme's learning and teaching methods are participant centred, with an emphasis on experiential exercises, seminars and self-guided study. Each subject is designed to nurture innovation, creativity and research skills in the dynamic field of hotel and tourism management, all within the unique Asian context.
The D.HTM is a professional doctoral programme that helps students explore all the topics that are relevant to the hospitality and tourism industry. Find out how and why: https://hotelintel.co/why-hoteliers-are-pursuing-doctoral-degrees-in-hospitality