Dr. Anyu Liu is an SHTM PhD alumnus. After the completion of his PhD and one-year postdoc
fellow experience in SHTM, Dr. Liu joined the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management
at University of Surrey as a lecturer in 2017 and was promoted to a senior lecturer in 2021. He
returned to SHTM as an Assistant Professor in March 2022. Dr. Liu’s research interests include
tourism economics, tourism and hotel demand modelling and forecasting and big data analysis.
He has worked with a number of international organizations such as UNWTO, European
Commission, Pacific Asia Tourism Association and Asian Development Bank on tourism
economic impact and tourism demand modelling and forecasting projects.
Education and Academic Qualifications
- PhD (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China)
- MSc (Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China)
- BA (Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China)
- FHEA (Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy) (2019)
- WSET level II (Wine and Spirit Education Trust) (2019)
- CHE (Certified Hospitality Educator) (2014)