Book Type: eBook with Open Access
This open access book will be published with Springer in December 2020. Visit the publisher's webpage for more details: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811589829
- This book is the first to systematically introduce the principles of urban informatics, including urban system theories, techniques and tools for urban big data acquisition, infrastructure and analytics, as well as focusing these new tools on urban problems and possible solutions.
- The book brings together 40 leading research teams across a wide range of scientific disciplines to deliver collaborative understanding, technology and solutions in the field of urban informatics.
- The book integrates very diverse tools and techniques associated with analysis of the smart city, but often dealt with separately, under the rubric of geographic information science.
- Urban Big Data Infrastructure
- Urban Computing
- Urban Science
- Urban Sensing
- Urban Systems and Applications
- Wenzhong Shi, Chair Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; Academician of the International Eurasian Academy of Sciences; Recipient of Wang Zhizhuo Award, ISPRS
- Michael F. Goodchild, Professor Emeritus, University of California, Santa Barbara; Distinguished Chair Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; Member of the US National Academy of Sciences and American Academy of Arts and Science; Recipient of the Prix Vautrin Lud
- Michael Batty, Bartlett Professor, University College London; Distinguished Chair Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University; Fellow of the British Academy and the Royal Society (UK); Recipient of the Prix Vautrin Lud
- Mei-Po Kwan, Choh-Ming Li Professor, Chinese University of Hong Kong; Fellow of the UK Academy of Social Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Anshu Zhang, Research Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University