Eligibility of Using Fitness Room
To ensure the safe use of fitness room, users are required to have sufficient knowledge of fitness training. You can fulfill the requirement by taking the PolyU Fitness Training Course organized by Counselling and Wellness Section (Sports Development), Student Affairs Office. Please click HERE for the course details for full-time students.
Exemption from Fitness Training Course
If you possess one of the following qualifications, you may apply for exemption from taking Fitness Training Course, and registration as users of PolyU fitness room:
- Participants who have completed the "Briefing on Proper Ways to Use Fitness Equipment" and passed the assessment organized by Leisure & Cultural Services Department (LCSD);
- Holders of LCSD Fitness Gold Card;
- Holders of equivalent qualifications recognized by the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China;
- Fitness Room / Weight Training Room User Card or certificates issued by universities;
- Resistance Training Instructor Certificate issued by American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) / National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Please complete this form (SF43) together with a copy of the supporting document of relevant qualification and return to Room VS001, Shaw Sports Complex or email to email@example.com. At the time of submission, applicants must produce their PolyU identity card (either the original or the copy) for verification. Normally, applicants can access the Fitness Room on and after the 3rd working day upon successful submission.