Notes for Minors (under age of 18)
Open a Bank Account
The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) has come up with a policy regarding the opening a bank account at local banks for people under age of 18 (minors). Minors are required to be accompanied by parent/guardian when opening a bank account. The parent/guardian will be requested to sign a declaration and provide a copy of HKID card/passport/other documents as proof of his/her identiy. For details, please check with the local banks directly.
Leaving Hong Kong for one day or more
Non-local students under the age of 18 should complete the Departure Record Form and return it to the Non-local Student Services Team (NLSST) at QT308, Communal Building at least 7 working days before leaving Hong Kong for one day or more.
Special Regulations for Minors
If a hall resident is under age 18, he should:
a) allow the University to inform his parents/guardian/next of kin in the following conditions:
- violations of Hall Regulations, policies and/or terms and conditions on hall residence;
- prolonged absence from study;
- change on residential status;
- situations warrant attention of his parents/guardian/next of kin.
b) notify a Hall Tutor and seek verbal endorsement:
- before 22:00 when he returns or leaves the hall after 23:00;
- before 22:00 when he applies for overnight stay of a visitor at the Halls;
- when he plans to stay overnight outside the Halls (need to provide a detailed address of his overnight stay);
- a day in advance when he leaves Hong Kong for whatever purpose. For non-local students, a written application should be submitted to Guardian of Non-local students under age 18, 7 days in advance for approval.
For details, please refer to Regulations Governing Hall Residence (Hung Hom Halls) and Regulations Governing Hall Residence (Homantin Halls).