PolyU showcases innovations at InnoCarnival 2021
InnoCarnival 2021, organised by the Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) of the Hong Kong SAR Government, is currently underway until 31 October 2021. The aim of the event is to enhance public interest and knowledge about innovation and technology (I&T) and further promote an I&T culture in the community.
Under the theme “Innovate for a Bright Future”, the event is held in a hybrid format as a physical and online event involving a number of physical exhibits of local I&T achievements at the Hong Kong Science Park as well as webinars and online workshops.
Over the years, PolyU has been actively involved in numerous application-oriented research projects. Many of them have been honoured with international acclaim at various invention exhibitions. This year’s PolyU pavilion showcases six award-winning projects of the Geneva Inventions Expo, which cover a wide range of applications, including healthcare, environmental monitoring, smart cities, and automotive safety. Some of them have already been commercialised through PolyU-supported start-ups led by our researchers. These innovative projects are:
- CareCoatexTM: A Biomaterial-based Core-Shell Particles for Safe and Effective Antibacterial and Antiviral Applications (Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology)
- Liverscan: Palm-sized Real-time B-mode Ultrasound Imaging Guided System for Liver Fibrosis Assessment (Department of Biomedical Engineering)
- Biomimicking Photocrosslinkable Nanocomposite Bone Graft (Department of Biomedical Engineering)
- Smart City Platform: A Comprehensive System for Spatial Data Infrastructure (Department of Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics)
- Smart Monitoring System for Urban Tree Management (Department of Land Surveying and Geo-Informatics)
- Smart All-Electric Antilock Braking System (Department of Electrical Engineering)
In addition, visitors can also experience an interactive game-based learning platform, which was developed by the Department of Applied Mathematics and received different international educational awards.
For more information about InnoCarnival 2021, please click here.