SENIOR EXECUTIVES EVALUATION AND COMPENSATION COMMITTEE
Terms of Reference
- To establish policies governing the appointment, compensation, evaluation, removal and terms of office of the President, the Deputy President and Provost, the Executive Vice President and Vice Presidents of the University, and the terms of office of Faculty Deans.
- To recommend for Council’s approval the appointment, re-appointment and/or removal of the President, the Deputy President and Provost and the Executive Vice President, and the terms and conditions of employment inclusive of salary and benefits, and to recommend to Council for approval on changes to the terms and conditions of employment of the President, the Deputy President and Provost and the Executive Vice President or make decisions on behalf of Council on minor changes to their terms and conditions of employment as appropriate.
- To, upon the recommendation of the President, approve on behalf of Council the appointment, re-appointment and/or removal of Vice Presidents, and the terms and conditions of employment inclusive of salary and benefits as well as the change thereof whenever deemed necessary and appropriate.
- To receive from the President annually his major objectives for the year concerned and provide advice to him on such objectives; to receive annually a narrated report from the President on his accomplishment against agreed objectives of the year concerned and evaluate his performance based on the agreed objectives; and to receive a report of his performance review conducted according to the practice of the university and in a manner agreed with this Committee.
- To comprehensively review the performance of the President prior to the end of each of his term of office. Wherever applicable, to make recommendations to Council on whether the incumbent should be offered further appointment and the conditions thereof.
- To receive annually a report from the President on the performance of the Deputy President and Provost, the Executive Vice President, Vice Presidents and Faculty Deans conducted according to the practice of the University.
- To decide, on behalf of Council, detailed arrangements on the provision of benefits or facilities to the President, the Deputy President and Provost and the Executive Vice President and on other matters relating to their work in the University; to provide interpretation on their terms and conditions of appointment with the University and exercise discretion in respect of the President's, the Deputy President and Provost’s and Executive Vice President’s personal affairs in a similar manner as the President exercises discretion with regard to the generality of his subordinate staff.
Chairman of Council
Mr CHAN Tze-ching 陳 子 政, BBS, JP
Professor Timothy W. TONG 唐 偉 章, JP
Lay members of Executive Committee
Dr LAM Tai-fai 林 大 輝, SBS, JP
Ir Dr Humphrey LEUNG Kwong-wai 梁 廣 偉, JP
Dr Raymond LEUNG Siu-hong 梁 少 康
Dr Lawrence LI Kwok-chang 李 國 祥, JP
Miss Connie Chan 陳 育 華
Secretary to Council
# The President shall be excluded in the event that he/she is the subject of review or discussion.